Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

NEED HELP!! 04 SUPERCHARGER?

fixing a 04 supercharger
    boat runs 7700 rpms with a 14/19 solas
    4" air all the way out to front hood
    free flow exhaust

now that same prop just ran 8180 on an 06 rxp with same mods
    and ran 72mph and turned it 8180

now fixing the 04 supcharger we have had it out 5 times and put it to all the specs it needs to be and we just put it to teh slip test again that needs to be between 12-7ft lbs of slip. We decided to give it 14lbs this time still runs 7700rpms. I have been to the water 5 times and you can see when the supercharger goes casue the rpms fall slow but they fall.

Also I took the 06 seramic washers out of my rxp and put it in thsi supercharger and still 7700 rpms.
    now i know its hot its 8-degrees out and humid but the same mods on an 06 rxt just turned a 14/19 8060 rpms the day before and the air is the same.

Small question was there ever a white seramic washe made cause that whats on the bottom. the book calls for a green one then the smaller hole one on top.

let me know what i can do!

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    only 06 spec is green... but it's not green for long... loses the color real quick after it gets some run time on it.

i'd be looking somewhere else for your problems personally... what other mods are in the ski?

if u swapped cermics with another ski, wouldn't it have made more sense to swap the entire supercharger rather than dismantle a perfectly working s/c? ... don't over-torque em either like u did on cermics, bc then u will blow it up

the other SC has the new 9 lbs of boost
    we are going try and swap it with a 03 gtx SC. and see what happens

+1
    don't be swapping GTX superchargers with RXP superchargers!!!! then u'll have far more serious problems than just 7600 rpms

+1
    Need more info.

What's the air temp?
    What's the water temp?
    What's the altitude?
    What's the RPM with stock prop?
    Who checked pitch on 14/19? (they are notriously off)
    What's the oil level at?

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485
    don't be swapping GTX superchargers with RXP superchargers!!!! then u'll have far more serious problems than just 7600 rpms
    Steve is right, the gears on the GTX superchargers have 17 teeth and the RXP's have 16. You can get away with running a RXP s/c gear in a GTX, but not a GTX s/c gear in an RXP.....And don't forget that each has a different overdrive gear as well

+1
    If you are working on a 04 RXP have you had the knock sensor update?

+1
    that's what i'm trying to get at as well.. i think he's looking in all the wrong places. 7600 is a very common and problematic RPM level that is usually sensor or electrically related in past cases.... is this ski running a RR ECU? stock ECU? status of knock sensor, oil levels, hours on machine.... so many other things to exmaine first before yanking a supercharger apart... all for all we know maybe he already spent days troubleshooting knock sensors and ECUs and props and whatnot...

I'm having this problem as well. '04 RXP with Riva stage2 with stock ECU. Running only 7600 rpms no matter what prop. Oil level is good with only 50hrs on the ski. I have the knock sensor update as well. Can I just unplug the knock sensor? Or will the ECU sense that it is not in there and give me more problems?

John

+1
    My wifes 04 rxp was only 7400 on top end with a new 06 SC clutch and it was always running with that lack of power.My 04 rxp that does 8150 on top end would eat hers alive every time we would ride.It was the knock sensor update that the dealer did incorectly. They only updated the ECU and did not install the piggy back harness. I put the piggy back harness from mine in her ski and it ran 8000 RPM's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information