Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Stock Rxt-x Top Speeds?

Now that a lot of us t-x owners have had a chance to run our ski's, what kind of top end speeds are you guys seeing? I need to know if mine is the ball park. I started a thread here awhile back about getting beat by a modded ultra 250 and I now know how that happen, INPROPER TRIM, that makes a hugh difference, after playing with it and finding the sweet spots for the presets! Also I took a lot hits for breaking in my ski with the learners key, I deserved it. That is the reason for this thread. After 10 hrs, my avg speed is 68.7, best is 69.2. Is this in the ball park with the rest of you guys? THANKS.

I will be getting my RXP X in about week. I wanted to install a stage 1 x kit. I was told i have to break in my ski first. After 10 hours of use then i can install the stage 1 kit. Any thoughts on this? Does anyone have the rxp x stage 1 kit installed in there ski?

Quote Originally Posted by williet View Post
    Now that a lot of us t-x owners have had a chance to run our ski's, what kind of top end speeds are you guys seeing? I need to know if mine is the ball park. I started a thread here awhile back about getting beat by a modded ultra 250 and I now know how that happen, INPROPER TRIM, that makes a hugh difference, after playing with it and finding the sweet spots for the presets! Also I took a lot hits for breaking in my ski with the learners key, I deserved it. That is the reason for this thread. After 10 hrs, my avg speed is 68.7, best is 69.2. Is this in the ball park with the rest of you guys? THANKS.
    willie, i cruised over to sunrise beach, i have the X model, but my top speed was 70.7, so 69 for the 3 seater is prolly right on, i beat up a ultra 250 man after he complained about being 200lbs heavier i threw my dad on my ski with me and still beat him hit me up when you go out there im gonna cruise over there again today

+1
    If you are refering to the Riva stage 1 kit, the prop and intake grate still are not out. You can buy everything else in the kit (intake, wedge, venturi, ect). I tested yesterday on my P-X with everything in my sig and got 75.2mph.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnorlin View Post
    I will be getting my RXP X in about week. I wanted to install a stage 1 x kit. I was told i have to break in my ski first. After 10 hours of use then i can install the stage 1 kit. Any thoughts on this? Does anyone have the rxp x stage 1 kit installed in there ski?
    I have all the stage 1 parts installed on my T-X that are available right now except the nozzle. As soon as the prop and grate are out i will install the those with nozzle. If you want the kit you need to order now as there are already a list of more than 120 people for the grate and prop. Just letting you know so you dont get disappointed thinking you can just order the kit and it be on the way the next day. All orders will be filled in the order placed.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by beachbum0286 View Post
    If you are refering to the Riva stage 1 kit, the prop and intake grate still are not out. You can buy everything else in the kit (intake, wedge, venturi, ect). I tested yesterday on my P-X with everything in my sig and got 75.2mph.
    so would you say that the cut grate was worth 3 mph as others have reported. To be 75 mph with your mods is really good.

+1
    Here are some real tested numbers using the right testing equipment.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/anno....php?f=25&a=35

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JetskiMN View Post
    Here are some real tested numbers using the right testing equipment.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/anno....php?f=25&a=35
    So you think that anything above 77.8 mph is not real. Remember, I think Jerry indicated that skis had arround 5 hours of stock break in procedure recomended by each manufacture.
    I broke mine in GH way and i will say that the ski continues to improve and i have 10 hours on her now. After today will be more. We all have to assume that everyone is using GPS and are real readings and not fudged readings. I like to use avg top speed readings compared to just top flashes that we might see. To me those dont count. I actually have gps 72.4 mph on my T-X and even posted pics of it as i could not believe it on basically stock ski with minor mods. I could not back it up so i have changed my top speed to avg of top runs. We just have to hope that others do the same or explain in speed claims if was the highest saw or is the avg which is what really counts.
    Last edited by skoepp; 04-06-2008 at 08:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    I will say that we all have to assume that everyone is using GPS and are real readings and not fudged readings. I like to use avg top speed readings compared to just top flashes that we might see. To me those dont count. I actually have gps 72.4 mph on my T-X and even posted pics of it as i could not believe it on basically stock ski with minor mods. I could not back it up so i have changed my top speed to avg of top runs. We just have to hope that others do the same or explain in speed claims if was the highest saw or is the avg which is what really counts.
    +1
    That 69.2 was only a flash, but it hit it. The 68.7 was based off of 4 runs, each at 68.7 GPS, no pics. I think the 68.7 is a good base line to work from as I do the mods. Skoepp what was your base line before you started with mods?

+1
    74mph w/ wedge, filled holes, cut grate.....nothing else, and ohh, he has 24hrs on it and untill last month, never had a ski. What a 1st ski to have huh? Took the opas off and he hated it, opas back on, no diff in top speed. Just got out the shop for the leaking rideplate many X's WILL suffer from

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information