Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Early season troubles!

Well I'm new to this forum!!

Last year I purchased a 2004 RXP!! What an amazing machine... Had great summer and it ran amazing. Everything stock and I topped it out at 72mph which I thought was wicked.

Anyways, I had it winterized and just the other day I finally was able to get her out and anxious to fire her up, sadly when she was put in the water I was sooooo stupid and I started it up, just in a little shallower water (3ft!!!) and I guess it sucked up a few rocks which dinged the crap outta the prop and ruined the (white seal?) have no idea exactly what the part is....anyways I'll have so more info when I get it back from the shop. I was quoted around 700$ with labour....OUCH!
    But I'm going to have a talk with the owner since I have about 7 days until my warranty is over!

But what a crappy way to start the season!LOL

$700 bucks go tell that dealer to stick his finger up his ass....

The white thing is called a wear ring...they sell them for about 35 bucks on SBT.net (I think) they take about 1 hour to install just follow the pump removal directions as well as the wear ring freezer method in the technical section....

Also while the pump is out just take a look at your prop...I wouldnt think it would be messed up enough to have to replace but take some pics of it and post it up....

If worst comes to worst...make a custom air intake and then get a solas prop and you will add about 2 mph on your top end...

35?? i just payed 50 at the dealer

but ya just do it yourself and when you pull the pump make sure the vanes ("shark teeth") arent messed up (it's inside the pump support, that little hole)

$700.00 is feasible if they quoted him a new prop, that stock sucker is $$$, anyways, new wear ring and labor to pull pump and service, they could get away with charging him 1.5 - 2.0 hours labor...
    By the time he gets a prop, the tolls to remove it, a new wear ring, and if it where us, we`d prolly check the grease in the tail cone while it was apart, and then read up on "how to" do all that, he`s prolly quicker if the stealer can do it right away with minimal down time, providing they quoted him a new prop, what would he be saving a $100.00 maybe...
    and then he would have paper trail of repair if something should happen, if he did it and not being familiar with the procedures and something went wrong, he would be on his own...
    I think the best time to strat learning about doing repairs to your own ski is in the off season when you can afford the time to really get to know your machine, it`s an emotional thing... ...PR...

Yeah Thanks Pale Rider!
    I'm not much of a mechanic, I mean working on my RM125 is easy compared to these suckers.
    Im just really upset that they wouldnt cover at least the labour under warranty, because is runs out in 7 days! Plus I spend so much money at that dealer with 3 ATVS, 2 boats and the RXP.
    Oh well....Im just anxious to get out on the water, and now Im only starting it in neck deep water! and Im 6'4 LOL!

Cup: No prob Bro! I would bust the dealers balls, given that you spent alot of dough there, and see what they`ll do...PR...

Cup: man you can save yourself a lot of dough and get anouther couple mph faster...

Sorry to disagree with ya Andy!

But if ya do a custom air intake (PM me and I can give ya all the links to get the stuff ya need) thats about 50 bucks...
    then a wear ring shipped is 40 bucks

so thats 90 dollars....

a new solas to get your RPMS back in spec is around 200 from Jerry

SO thats 300 bucks, you saved 400 dollars and got 2 mph faster!

+1
    hey cupillac were in ontario are you...If you need a hand give me a call I am in ontario as well...
    pm me...I can tell you that most dealers around SUCK!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information