Thread: HELP????

+1

HELP????

I am from seadoo and thats what i like to think i know

my brother got this XLT1200 Limited and a Seadoo GTI with nice double from his boss for FREE!! hasnt used them in 2 years i think he said. Both have new nice batteries, oddessy..(spelling)

Looks to me like it has some work done to it, the boss did say it was fast...

Looking at the exhaust to me looks like he installed the GP1200 Tripple pipe kit work and i think some sensors were not able to fit back in place. When running on the hose we get a warning light and something says HTEMP i think i remember on the dash. This thing has Flame Arrestors i think? Also has the intake grate, not sure which one looks like riva to me. Not sure what prop either. Has a bildge pump too.

Do both of these sensors need to be in the exhaust system, if so where can i drill and tap!!

thanks in advance guys.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P4040001.JPG 
Views:	37 
Size:	1.66 MB 
ID:	65941   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P4040002.JPG 
Views:	47 
Size:	1.71 MB 
ID:	65942   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P4040003.JPG 
Views:	38 
Size:	1.69 MB 
ID:	65943  

+1
    Nice looking triple pipe set up. Don't drill the pipes to install the sensors. Get a hold of Factory Pipe and get the instructions on the exhaust pipe install. If your brother isn't a good mechanic he should look at a more reliable exhaust setup like stock. Triple pipes are cool but a lot of maintenance. An Advent ignition will have the bypass switches for the sensors.

He could probably find a die hard hot rodder that would be willing to install a stock exhaust system and give him $500 for the pipes. Then if we could figure out the porting and compression we could give jetting specs for the carbs.

If he is a die hard mechanic he can get her all going and running well. There are a lot of folks on here that run triples.

Can your brother get all the information on the ski from his boss? That is a real good starting point. Who did the work? I'm going to guess the boss isn't really even sure and got the ski all set up from someone else.

I would do a lot of investigating before I even fired it up. Is it premix? I see the pump cable and hoses are on. How much compression does it have? Is it stock bore? What impeller does it have? What plate does it have? What intake grate does it have? Those are all important for proper load to the engine. What ignition is in there? What jetting is in the carbs? Are the throats the stock bore? Looks like stock reeds are in there.

Get the Wave-Eater clips and the RPM couplers for the powervalves. Inspect them while your at it.

If you can't get the data on the ski it is worthwhile to do a partial tear down. Rebuild the carbs while you are at it. Get a hold of one of the known tuners TJ, Carl, Lowell, Ben etc and make sure the components match up well.

Sounds like a fun project.
    Last edited by spud; 04-05-2008 at 04:28 PM.

+1
    If it sat for two years I would be rebuilding those carbs before you too far.

I'd ditch the oil injection also and go premix... put a primer on while you have the carbs off.

Oh yeah - nice score for your bro!

+1
    siphon out all the old gas

only use premium (preferably 93 or 94) with the Yamaha

I could help with converting that ski to a more reliable set-up, but I am located about 8 hours away (Niagara Falls is close, great place to visit)

Yeah..I would be able to help you out as well. Me and Philip live pretty close.

-Jon

+1
    thanks guys i will print this all out for him.

he said the boss did all the install and rejetted the carbs as well to make up for the pipes, never any reliability issues.

we already started it and it seems fine to me but really loud

+1
    so R&D has this dummy plug for the exhaust that will fix the alarm, $15 might as well try it.

He wants to keep the ski as is because the Previous owner says he ran it for many hours without any issues.

its free who cares, ride it till it breaks i guess

+1
    so i finally talked to the previous owner and it has a prop, the advent computer thingy needed for teh pipes and everything runs fine he said, ran it for many hours like that. the warning light goes of shortly after riding he said.

Thread Information