GP1200R Flushed for 1st time/54 hrs.

I bought an 01 with 50 hrs. on it last August. I asked the prev. owner if he had ever flushed it and he said he didn't have to because he never ran it in salt water, hahahha. When I test-rode it, it did an honest 64 mph so I wasn't worried.

So this winter, I disassembled it to the crankcase, cylinders and pistons looked pretty good, carbs were rebuilt by IR, got rid of the Cat Con and put in a D-Plate, cleaned and inspected the Power Valves (sludge city) and finally found where I put the flush kit end that screws on the end of the garden hose.

So, I ran a flush on it today and for the first two minutes, black sludge came out of the exhaust the consistiency of yamalube, and the water eventually came out fairly clear at the 5 minute mark. Does that crud congregate in the water box the life of the ski, and can it eventually mess with top end?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by LS2000 Cop View Post
    I bought an 01 with 50 hrs. on it last August. I asked the prev. owner if he had ever flushed it and he said he didn't have to because he never ran it in salt water, hahahha. When I test-rode it, it did an honest 64 mph so I wasn't worried.

So this winter, I disassembled it to the crankcase, cylinders and pistons looked pretty good, carbs were rebuilt by IR, got rid of the Cat Con and put in a D-Plate, cleaned and inspected the Power Valves (sludge city) and finally found where I put the flush kit end that screws on the end of the garden hose.

So, I ran a flush on it today and for the first two minutes, black sludge came out of the exhaust the consistiency of yamalube, and the water eventually came out fairly clear at the 5 minute mark. Does that crud congregate in the water box the life of the ski, and can it eventually mess with top end?
    Thats just extra fuel and oil in there, nothing really to do or worry about IMO.

+1
    Ill buy that sludge from you.Im paying $4.10 a gallon for diesel.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WATER WOODY View Post
    Ill buy that sludge from you.Im paying $4.10 a gallon for diesel.
    Yup - not much fun when your filling twin 120gal tanks.

The way the gas companies think - the less it costs to refine the more they can charge. That sludge must be worth about $10/gal according to them..

Anyway - If your on the hose or not - water goes in the box... or am I missing something?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by zrtman View Post
    Anyway - If your on the hose or not - water goes in the box... or am I missing something?
    Yes it will always have water in it. You just dont see the sludge come out when its in the water.

Thread Information