RXP 8000 RPM with mods

Need some advice. Three times out with my mods and I have 8000 rpms, 8250 rpms and yesterday back to 8000 rpms. My dynotune digital boost gauge read 6.3 at idle. I have good seal on block off and cannot find any other air leaks. If the boost numbers are correct than it should not be air leakage. Only have 22 hours on ski, could it be clutch slippage? What would you check next? I should be at 8400 + rpms easy with this 4502 Race ECU. Im open to suggestions.

Thanks

Re: RXP 8000 RPM with mods

Quote Originally Posted by RXP04
    Need some advice. Three times out with my mods and I have 8000 rpms, 8250 rpms and yesterday back to 8000 rpms. My dynotune digital boost gauge read 6.3 at idle. I have good seal on block off and cannot find any other air leaks. If the boost numbers are correct than it should not be air leakage. Only have 22 hours on ski, could it be clutch slippage? What would you check next? I should be at 8400 + rpms easy with this 4502 Race ECU. Im open to suggestions.

Thanks
    Whit,

I hope you mean you are running -6.3 at idle..... Where is your boost at WOT, this will be a true indication of you having a leak or not. You should be in the 7 - 8 psi range if all is good. So you are running the 4502 Stock Class Racing ECU? I thought you were running the 4501 racing ECU??? Have you checked your slip on your clutch? If so, where are you???

Quote Originally Posted by Red Devil

Thanks
    Whit,

I hope you mean you are running -6.3 at idle..... Where is your boost at WOT, this will be a true indication of you having a leak or not. You should be in the 7 - 8 psi range if all is good. So you are running the 4502 Stock Class Racing ECU? I thought you were running the 4501 racing ECU??? Have you checked your slip on your clutch? If so, where are you???
    Yes it is 4501 ECU and a -6.3 at idle. Im 5.4 at WOT I need to check for leaks first?

Thanks
    Whit,

Yes it is 4501 ECU and a -6.3 at idle. Im 5.4 at WOT I need to check for leaks first?
    5.4???? Well there ya go, you are waaaaay low Whit and you need to check for leaks again. Also, check your slip before you go out again...You don't want to lose those ceramics..

Thanks. Ha the engine hit the west coast?

Thanks. Ha the engine hit the west coast?
    Yep, It was there last Friday and I'm pretty sure that Nils is already into it..... I forgot to mention that if you are not at 8400, you need to get your prop bent. Has that been done yet???

Jerry seem to think that with the 14/19R I would be at that rpm with no problem just do not run over those RPMS. Bend to stay at or below 8400 rpm. I got to get there first. What is a substitute tool for the camshaft lock tool? Im checking clutch slippage now.

Jerry seem to think that with the 14/19R I would be at that rpm with no problem just do not run over those RPMS. Bend to stay at or below 8400 rpm. I got to get there first. What is a substitute tool for the camshaft lock tool? Im checking clutch slippage now.

The substitue would be to stick a broom handle through the pump so the impeller cannot move. This is the same as keeping the s/c gear from turning....

The substitue would be to stick a broom handle through the pump so the impeller cannot move. This is the same as keeping the s/c gear from turning....
    A 6mm allen wrench works perfect. I am 9.5 Nm on slippage which should be ok. Manual says between 7-12 Nm. Im looking for air leakage but all is tight. I did loosen and rotate the intake manifold when I removed my stock intercooler but it is back on tight. I will give it another run and see what my boost is at wide open.

A 6mm allen wrench works perfect. I am 9.5 Nm on slippage which should be ok. Manual says between 7-12 Nm. Im looking for air leakage but all is tight. I did loosen and rotate the intake manifold when I removed my stock intercooler but it is back on tight. I will give it another run and see what my boost is at wide open.
    Cool, hopfully redoing the intake lid will do the trick. Can't get much better with the slip either, sounds damn near perfect... Did you just go ahead and remove the valve cover and use the 6mm wrench? Keep your fingers crossed and hopefully you'll be seeing numbers over 7 now. Are you running the Riva or stock impeller because that will also make a difference? I may have taken for granted that you were running the Riva. If not, then 6's may be about right for you. Maybe put a thread out there to see where a stock s/c boost should be on the RXP.

Thread Information