Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Questions about Anchors.

I've been looking into buying a pwc achor, something thats small enough to keep in my storage compartment without taking up too much space, but theres so many kinds I'm not sure which to buy.

What kind of anchors do you guys use if any? Ive looked at muchroom, grapling hook, and fluke anchors, out of all of them the grapling looks most compact, but will it hold? Any feed back would help.

Quote Originally Posted by AlbertRXP View Post
    I've been looking into buying a pwc achor, something thats small enough to keep in my storage compartment without taking up too much space, but theres so many kinds I'm not sure which to buy.

What kind of anchors do you guys use if any? Ive looked at muchroom, grapling hook, and fluke anchors, out of all of them the grapling looks most compact, but will it hold? Any feed back would help.
    The grapler should hold with a long enough anchor rope...you want less than a 45 degree angle of the rope with the bottom. I'm going to get a flute anchor cause I like them. No special reason.

+1
    I carry a sand spike(sandspike.com)for my shore or shallow water anchor, and also carry one of the vinyl anchor bags and a childs plastic beach shovel(about 12" long)to fill it with sand or rocks. The usual scenario is to fill the bag and toss it out a ways(with a rope and a float attached...duh)and attach the front of the ski to this, and then use the sand spike near the shore to attach the rear; or for a quick stop, just use the sand spike on shore and pull the nose of the ski onto the beach.

OBj

Sand/Rock bag type anchors seem to work pretty good for temp(Non overnight) mooring.

+1
    I wish I were able to use a 'sand bag' This is what I have to use with a addition to a few heavy rocks on top. It works great if you have your ski parked by a lot of boat traffic and in rough water. Very Expensive though, it does fold up, but wouldn't recommend throwing it in your main compartment.

Good Luck

I like the fluke. The key to your anchor holding is having enough rope. 5 feet in length for every foot of depth works over 90% of the time.

I like the folding grapnel.

In rough deep water, a small 6' length of chain mounted before the anchor would help it though.

$35

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by vidbuster View Post
    I wish I were able to use a 'sand bag' This is what I have to use with a addition to a few heavy rocks on top. It works great if you have your ski parked by a lot of boat traffic and in rough water. Very Expensive though, it does fold up, but wouldn't recommend throwing it in your main compartment.

Good Luck

That looks like someking of torture devise.

Quote Originally Posted by vidbuster View Post

Good Luck

Bear trap?

More like a honey than bear trap.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information