Thread: Big thanks!!!

+1

Big thanks!!!

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone that helped out my first Yamaha build; WaterWoody, SpeedJunky, Hallpass, 305Coco, and especially Jerry at 4-Tec.
    I did my first season race today and everything worked out great. I thought I could getaway using the stock temp sensor, but on the 2nd moto, the temp sensor started going off. Luckily I purchased 10k ohm resistors on the way to the race and replaced it and was silent. (I also used the Riva chip and that didn't work for my 05 GP1300)

Unfortunately, a SeaDoo RXP with major mods smoked the **ll out of most of us. He took holeshot, straights, but seemed struggle on the turns.(not much though..)

Any ideas how I can even come close to keeping up to mod'd RXPs? I have an 05 GP1300R with bolt on mods(Riva Ride Plate, Riva grate, PPK, Riva Sponsons, D-Plate, pump enforcement. I was thinking doing some engine mods, but not sure what direction to go.

Thanks guys!!
    Mav
    Last edited by mavrick816; 04-06-2008 at 12:51 AM.

+1
    • Sell the Riva Ride plate. Put the stock one back on. Your stock plate kicks ass in CC.
    • The Riva sponsons tend to pull away at the front. Drill/tap your backing plate at the front, and screw it down.
    • Purchase a nozzle for a 2002 XLT. It is a 3deg nozzle and will help with keeping the nose down.
    • You need some type of either a swirl prop to help with your hookup. Talk to Dave at Impros.
    • If you have stock trim tabs space them down with 2 washers. Hell, if you have aftermarket tabs space them down with 2 washers.
    • Be very carefull NOT to over-pitch your prop. If folks tell you to go 14/20 for smooth water, then pitch your prop to 13/19 for best recovery in rough water.
    180psi heads and race gas will definately help your holeshot, once you get the bottom of the ski sorted out. Not much else is going to help in the near-stock class.

Remember, I am talking CLOSED COURSE up here, and not lake riding or smooth water bouncy-bouncy riding.
    Last edited by Hydrotoys; 04-06-2008 at 01:59 AM.

Greenhulk Grasshopah (DRC) HallPass's Avatar
    +1
    glad to hear it maverick!

Along with Hydrotoys

Jetworks mod.. That would give you a little better holeshot.

Also what class are you running/wanting to run. That really would help the race guys to know what parts you can/can't have..

+1
    Wow,
    Thanks for that info... I'm going to try to stick to primarily my stock class. I'm not sure how much mods would put me to limited with the engine, but I'll start looking at my build for next winter already.

I'll look into the suggestions and see how I do on my next race.

Thanks for the info..

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrotoys View Post
    • Sell the Riva Ride plate. Put the stock one back on. Your stock plate kicks ass in CC.
    • The Riva sponsons tend to pull away at the front. Drill/tap your backing plate at the front, and screw it down.
    • Purchase a nozzle for a 2002 XLT. It is a 3deg nozzle and will help with keeping the nose down.
    • You need some type of either a swirl prop to help with your hookup. Talk to Dave at Impros.
    • If you have stock trim tabs space them down with 2 washers. Hell, if you have aftermarket tabs space them down with 2 washers.
    • Be very carefull NOT to over-pitch your prop. If folks tell you to go 14/20 for smooth water, then pitch your prop to 13/19 for best recovery in rough water.
    180psi heads and race gas will definately help your holeshot, once you get the bottom of the ski sorted out. Not much else is going to help in the near-stock class.

Remember, I am talking CLOSED COURSE up here, and not lake riding or smooth water bouncy-bouncy riding.

Thread Information