Question My List Of Questions... Pleze Help

Ok............ I have an 06 1300. Not too much done to it. EFI Controller, Free Flow, Jet Works D-Plate, and Jet Works Kit. My questions are:

1) The Jet Works D-PLate is not a D at all ..lol... It is just a circular hole, does it matter which position this is put at? and also id this circle hole worse or better than the "D".

2) I have a lot of black "residue" on the starboard side of the engine bay. I pulled off my pipe and saw that everything under it is totally covered in a black soot. What could be causing this?? A leak maybe?

3) I had the Jet Works kit installed bya buddy and he didn't set it up at all like Ive seen on here. It was done just as the instructions showed but is their an advantage to the way Ive seen it done on here??

4) And finally what should i do next to the boat? I'd really like to get it up around the 75-80 range but their is just so many different opinions. Please let me know if anyone can give me some good advice.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GP1300r110 View Post
    Ok............ I have an 06 1300. Not too much done to it. EFI Controller, Free Flow, Jet Works D-Plate, and Jet Works Kit. My questions are:

1) The Jet Works D-PLate is not a D at all ..lol... It is just a circular hole, does it matter which position this is put at? and also id this circle hole worse or better than the "D".

2) I have a lot of black "residue" on the starboard side of the engine bay. I pulled off my pipe and saw that everything under it is totally covered in a black soot. What could be causing this?? A leak maybe?

3) I had the Jet Works kit installed bya buddy and he didn't set it up at all like Ive seen on here. It was done just as the instructions showed but is their an advantage to the way Ive seen it done on here??

4) And finally what should i do next to the boat? I'd really like to get it up around the 75-80 range but their is just so many different opinions. Please let me know if anyone can give me some good advice.
    hi and welcome

1) jet works O plate...do a search i think billy rx951 tested one

2) could be stinger gasket or rubber coupler leak,check out the underside of stinger and the inner grey rubber from u pipe

3)loads of diffrent way to set it up and as far as i know they all work well but some points are better than others...can you post how yours is set up

4) i would try to find a tuner if your unsure how to reach your goals...pm wfo (rich) what he dont know about gpr's aint worth knowing,plus he is a nice guy to boot

+1

Opening goes to the bottom

Probably an exhaust leak in the stinger. If you just put a D-plate, I would check all your bolts and couplers. I just did a boat for a guy, and the bolt fell out of the bottom stinger bracket and melted the air box

How did he do it ? Pictures help.

Depends on your budget and type of riding.
    ^

+1
    Just re-read about the Jetworks plate

Yes it has a hole in the center.

If your not doing something, its hard to screw up. stlouisramsfan's Avatar

#1) I think the plate only goes one way, it is just a different design... probably no different

#2) sounds like a leak... someone more knowedgable will chime in...

#3)I believe they are all just a little different, some easier than others... the harder to install probably do a little better...

#4) I would think a modified rideplate would improve 4-5mph...

Greenhulk Grasshopah (DRC) HallPass's Avatar
    +1

How much do you wanna spend to go that fast? How good are you at tuning?

I got some money to spend.....lol... Im by no means a "mechanic" but i can hold my own

Thread Information