Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Long Beach to Catalina & Back Offshore National Championship Race-July 20, 2008

2008 LONG BEACH TO CATALINA ISLAND AND BACK PWC RACE, JULY 20, 2008 by RPM RACING ENTERPRISES! The premiere offshore race in the United States!

The finalized date for the Long Beach to Catalina & Back (LB2CAT) Offshore APBA PWC Championships is July 20, 2008. It will be held as part of the the Long Beach Offshore Powerfest weekend on July 19 & 20th. The actual PWC race is on Sunday July 20th, 2008. The Hyatt Hotel is going to be the host hotel (racer hq) for the event. The racer rate is $189/night and RPM RACING has a group of rooms blocked for both Friday and Saturday under RPM RACING ENTERPRISES - Long Beach to Catalina Race. The rooms will go fast as there are many events going on in Long Beach on that weekend - so book quickly! Cut off date is June 5, 2008. After that, if the rooms are not sold out, they will be turned back for re-sale and the rate will be over $250/night.

It is the intent of PWCOFFSHORE.com to do another DVD coverage of this race. Want to be a video sponsor of the 2008 DVD coverage of the race and get yourself or business some great exposure? Send us an email at [email protected] for more information. Also let us know if you want to be a race sponsor.

2008 Long Beach to Catalina & Back APBA Offshore National Championships Pre-Entry list (send us a note at [email protected] to pre-register and we will add you to the list):

1. M. Follmer, FXSHO
    2. M. Gerner, ULTRA250X or RXT
    3. Robert Carreon, ULTRA250X
    4. John Belton, ULTRA250X
    5. Brittany Wildman, ULTRA250X
    6. Ralph Perez, RXT
    7. Steve Friebe, RXP
    8. Nick Vanis, RXTX or RXPX -Current Champion!
    9. Kevin Shaw, ULTRA250X, PWI Magazine
    10. Justin Stannard, RXTX, PWI
    11. Davy Szych, PWI
    12. Pat Roque- LB2CAT-World Record Holder - 2006 Offshore Champ
    13. Paul Pham, RXP
    14. Lee Phan
    15. Tom Clark, RXP
    16. Stan Schrock
    17. Cheng Leu, RXP
    18. Tony Kwolek, RXP
    19. Kim Bushong, ULTRA250X
    List last updated 3/30/2008

See you there!

This should get your blood going.....

Video Highlight of the 2007 LB2CAT from PWCOFFSHORE
    Last edited by Socaloffshore; 04-11-2008 at 02:23 PM.

TTT....
    Straight line speed for this race. Lets see all the high performance ski's!

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    i need a loaner

pwcoffshore.com team practicing for the upcoming LB2CAT race.....Lots of WOT riding
    Video taken by OU812....

http://pwcracers.com/OU/videos/Ocean...aser/Dubz1.wmv

Rigt click and save..

Practice up....

Got Practice?

For those that are interested in the upcoming LB2CAT race, May 25,2008 some guys from pwcoffshore.com will be practicing a LB2CAT and back ride in prep for the National Championship, if you want to come out and practice with them, come on out. They ride fairly fast, but this is a good opportunity to get some practice in for yourself. They meet at the South Shores Launch ramp (next to queen Mary) at 8:00 am, and depart NLT 9:00 am. This is the starting point of the race. Avalon has 91 fuel if you feel the need to gas up. All are welcome and encouraged to come out, talk to the guys (they are all down to earth guys), see some fast ocean ski's first hand, & meet some fellow racers.
    Come as prepared as possible, that includes GPS (know how to use), helmet (bring if you have), goggles, wet suit (full suit is required for the race), VHF radio, cell phone, Vessel assist or Sea Tow, and a reliable craft. The guys usually ride moderatally fast, come see if you can keep up. More than likely this will not be a WOT race there and back (safety first). Again, they want to encourage as many new faces as possible. Come chat with guys such as Pat Roque (World Record Holder), Steve Friebe (2006 Mark Hahn Winner), John Belton (2007 Mark Hahn Winner), Mark Gerner (2008 Hahn Ironman), Paul Pham, Kim Bushong, and Robert Carreon.
    I highly recommend you refer to
    www.pwcoffshore.com for tips, and ride preperations for a 58 mile ocean ride.
    Lets ride, lets have fun!

Feel free to give me a call if you need anymore information or have any questions.
    It will be a fun time, thats for sure!
    Thanks,
    Steve
    559-313-1167

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubz1 View Post
    For those that are interested in the upcoming LB2CAT race, May 25,2008 some guys from pwcoffshore.com will be practicing a LB2CAT and back ride in prep for the National Championship, if you want to come out and practice with them, come on out. They ride fairly fast, but this is a good opportunity to get some practice in for yourself. They meet at the South Shores Launch ramp (next to queen Mary) at 8:00 am, and depart NLT 9:00 am. This is the starting point of the race. Avalon has 91 fuel if you feel the need to gas up. All are welcome and encouraged to come out, talk to the guys (they are all down to earth guys), see some fast ocean ski's first hand, & meet some fellow racers.
    Come as prepared as possible, that includes GPS (know how to use), helmet (bring if you have), goggles, wet suit (full suit is required for the race), VHF radio, cell phone, Vessel assist or Sea Tow, and a reliable craft. The guys usually ride moderatally fast, come see if you can keep up. More than likely this will not be a WOT race there and back (safety first). Again, they want to encourage as many new faces as possible. Come chat with guys such as Pat Roque (World Record Holder), Steve Friebe (2006 Mark Hahn Winner), John Belton (2007 Mark Hahn Winner), Mark Gerner (2008 Hahn Ironman), Paul Pham, Kim Bushong, and Robert Carreon.
    I highly recommend you refer to
    www.pwcoffshore.com for tips, and ride preperations for a 58 mile ocean ride.
    Lets ride, lets have fun!
    I'm still recovering from the sunday ride but I want more!!

Is this ride every weekend? I'm going to elsinore this sunday & I'm riding havasu the following weekend may 9-11th.

These are some fast ski's for sure! I'm gonna hafta toss on my other prop & a green wheel to get me back to par.

Speaking of safety, for those of you that are worried about sharks, I found these odds this morning.

The Odds of Dying in ...

· Motor vehicle: 1-in-84
    · Motorcyle: 1-in-938
    · Bicycle: 1-in-4,472
    · Air travel: 1-in-5,552
    · Bus: 1-in-94,242
    · Train: 1-in-139,617

The Odds of Drowning in ...

· Natural water: 1-in-2,828
    · Swimming pool: 1-in-6,031
    · Bath tub: 1-in-9,377

The Odds of Injury Requiring Medical Treatment From:

· Lyme's disease: 1-in-18,100
    · Snake bite: 1-in-25,300
    · West Nile: 1-in-68,500
    ·Shark attack: 1-in-6,000,000

+1
    Heya guys, I am going to try and make it out to join you all. While I am not going to race I think it will be fun to meet you all and try and keep up!

BTW Steve, I am sending you my manifold tomorrow!

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information