04 RXP need help

Ive been reading all the posts about the ceremic washers and Im looking to change the ceramics on my 04 RXP (75 hrs). Warranty until Mar 09. Live near Seattle . Pretty easy rider, usually in to 30-45 mph range. I open it up full maybe once a week for about 15-20 seconds.

First, Im a mechanical retard ( i know there are easy instructions, but like I said I'm an engine idiot), so pulling the charger out and sending it to Jerry is out.

Have a few questions:

What would be a fair price to have this done at a dealer?

What if I bought the Washers from Jerry and brought them to the dealer, what are we looking at in terms of labor/hours?

How would I know they were changed out?

What is the best washer out there right now?

Are the metal washer's installation fool proof, Is there a wrong way to put them in? Could these metal washer lead to other problems if they arent put in right?

I really appreciate the advice, you guys have really steered me from when I bought this in 05, through my first oil change, till now.

Thanks
    Last edited by seadawg; 04-06-2008 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by seadawg View Post
    Ive been reading all the posts about the ceremic washers and Im looking to change the ceramics on my 04 RXP (75 hrs). Warranty until Mar 09. Live near Seattle . Pretty easy rider, usually in to 30-45 mph range. I open it up full maybe once a week for about 15-20 seconds.

First, Im a mechanical retard ( i know there are easy instructions, but like I said I'm an engine idiot), so pulling the charger out and sending it to Jerry is out.

Have a few questions:

What would be a fair price to have this done at a dealer?

What if I bought the Washers from Jerry and brought them to the dealer, what are we looking at in terms of labor/hours?

How would I know they were changed out?

What is the best washer out there right now?

Are the metal washer's installation fool proof, Is there a wrong way to put them in? Could these metal washer lead to other problems if they arent put in right?

I really appreciate the advice, you guys have really steered me from when I bought this in 05, through my first oil change, till now.

Thanks
    seadawg, just a suggestion. here's what I would do if I was in your shoes. Find a dealer that will work with you. Most dealers won't change that to metal washers due to BRP reasons, I could be wrong on this 1, so please check. Since you can not pull the SC yourself, ask the dealer if they can pull it out for you, so you can send it to Jerry. since they won't change it to metal washers anyways (My guess) That would be your bargaining chip to send it somewhere that you would be more comfortable and happy with. You may want to tell them that was your decission and you don't hold them liable to what happens on the SC washers. Right there and then, whatever happens to the SC is your responsibility. Lets just hope that the dealer mechanic knows how to put it back to the engine the right way. There is only 3 people I trust on working on my SC....Jerry (Green Hulk) Nills (RUDE Performance) and......the Good looking amoung the 2 that I mention......Jammer 1 on the SC rebuilt kit I upgraded to the '06..you have to insert the 3 washers inbetween the motor and SC. Send it to Jerry. Good luck!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RXP 1224.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	739.3 KB 
ID:	66152   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RXP 1225.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	627.8 KB 
ID:	66153   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RXP 1230.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	469.3 KB 
ID:	66154  
    Last edited by Jammer 1; 04-06-2008 at 03:24 PM.

+1
    are those number plates off a dirtbike Jammer? haven't seen that one before....

Quote Originally Posted by red rider View Post
    are those number plates off a dirtbike Jammer? haven't seen that one before....
    YES, they are Bro. It was like destiny. They came off from a 2004 YZF Yamaha, I have a 2004 RXP Sea Doo....it fits like a glove, better looking than the flat white # plates people where using. Hope this info helps. You have to grind couple of protuded notches and just rivet it on the grab rail. one side will be wider than the other due to the exhaust port of the dirt bike. use a heat gun and bend it inside.

seadawg, I forgot to tell you that you don't have to upgrade to '06 rebuilt kit. you can get away by just replacing the washers. take note that the '04 washers have 2 different hole size (ID) '06 are the same hole size. You have 75 hours on it, you may want to rebuilt that and change to metal washers at the same time. Trust me, send it to Jerry.

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    You could have the dealer upgrade to the '08 kit. Metal washers in '08. Gonna cost a pretty penny and I am sure that kit is back ordered. You can have it removed and sent to Jerry for washers only or have Jerry upgrade it to '07 standards, bigger shaft and new bearings. As for removing I am sure ther is a board member in your area who would help you if you supply the beer and pizza.

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    I see you do not have your location posted. Add that to your bio and I am sure someone close to you will volunteer.

Thread Information