Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21
  1. #1
    just GOT TO DO IT! great lakes gpr 1200's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    muskegon michigan
    Posts
    798

    05 pump upgrade results

    Well I did hull truing and upgraded my 2002 GPR to a new 05 pump and DF prop. We were unsure where to start the pitch after comming from a 14.5/ 24 running 76mph @ 7150..
    So I went to a 14/24.
    The accelleration was out standing. 0-70 in just a blip. But I RPM'ED out at 7280 on a GK motor.. at a crappy 72.9mph I was just testing the pump and hull today. alot to go...
    So what are your thoughts?


  2. #2
    Happily Self-Employed WFO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    12,799
    +1
    449
    Quote Originally Posted by great lakes gpr 1200 View Post
    Well I did hull truing and upgraded my 2002 GPR to a new 05 pump and DF prop. We were unsure where to start the pitch after comming from a 14.5/ 24 running 76mph @ 7150..
    So I went to a 14/24.
    The accelleration was out standing. 0-70 in just a blip. But I RPM'ED out at 7280 on a GK motor.. at a crappy 72.9mph I was just testing the pump and hull today. alot to go...
    So what are your thoughts?
    A 24 with those rpms should be 78ish, unless you are dragging something behind you.

    Who pitched the prop ?

  3. #3
    just GOT TO DO IT! great lakes gpr 1200's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    muskegon michigan
    Posts
    798
    CARL. I was wondering if with a GK motor 7300 was the top? It doesn't have power valves to act as a rev limit? so what does?
    Does the stock IGN?

  4. #4
    Duke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10,004
    +1
    406
    Quote Originally Posted by WFO View Post
    A 24 with those rpms should be 78ish, unless you are dragging something behind you.

    Who pitched the prop ?
    Agreed.

    The 14-24 I got from Impros ran 79s at 7300.

    From what I've read,the group-k porting has a lower target RPM. More like 7100ish.

  5. #5
    just GOT TO DO IT! great lakes gpr 1200's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    muskegon michigan
    Posts
    798
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Agreed.

    The 14-24 I got from Impros ran 79s at 7300.

    From what I've read,the group-k porting has a lower target RPM. More like 7100ish.
    THESE are my thoughts. I was concerned about it being on the steep end. not the shallow end.
    I am worried that when I changed the pump, I DID SOMETHING WRONG??? But what would cause high RPMS and low speed?,, I don't know I am ready to send the whole pump out to have it checked?
    I did the pump right to the setback Numbers? I double checked it!

  6. #6
    Duke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10,004
    +1
    406
    Quote Originally Posted by great lakes gpr 1200 View Post
    THESE are my thoughts. I was concerned about it being on the steep end. not the shallow end.
    I am worried that when I changed the pump, I DID SOMETHING WRONG??? But what would cause high RPMS and low speed?,, I don't know I am ready to send the whole pump out to have it checked?
    I did the pump right to the setback Numbers? I double checked it!

    What was the clearence on the liner to the new prop??

  7. #7
    just GOT TO DO IT! great lakes gpr 1200's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    muskegon michigan
    Posts
    798
    I will be pulling it tomarrow. I will be checking EVERYTHING! THanks I will check that.

  8. #8
    just GOT TO DO IT! great lakes gpr 1200's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    muskegon michigan
    Posts
    798
    It IS a new YAMAHA liner, so It is not worn.

  9. #9
    Duke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10,004
    +1
    406
    Double check all the locater pins and that everything sealed up good.

  10. #10
    just GOT TO DO IT! great lakes gpr 1200's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    muskegon michigan
    Posts
    798
    Thanks. I will. The shoe is sealed REAL GOOD! and at the correct depth. this I double checked.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Island racing and 05 pump question ??
    By slow1300 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-17-2006, 12:27 AM
  2. What all parts do i need to do the 05 pump conversion ??
    By slow1300 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-23-2005, 05:44 PM
  3. 05 pump- does this look ok to you?
    By idizzy in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 12-10-2005, 05:41 PM
  4. Stock 05 RXP test results
    By RXPSC05 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-11-2005, 05:08 PM
  5. 05 RXP TEST RESULTS
    By RXPNJ in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-21-2005, 08:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •