Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Kiwi spanner handler
    +1

X owners at altitude

I was reading some service bulitins st work and saw that BRP offers lower pitch props for skis running at altitude and says dealers can return the original prop and they will cover labour.
    The X prop they recommend is 14-24 instead of the 14-25 stock they also covered all the models inc N/A and 215 models

+1
    good info hum, where did you read that? thnks

+1
    He would have read it in the latest dealer technical updates book that all dealerships get.

Kiwi spanner handler
    +1
    Yip I will try to remember to post the bulletin number. And had a good laugh that brp sent out rxt's with the wrong colour front hood/mirrors we got a black/silver rxt with white hood we thought it looks nice but turns out to be a an assembly stuff up!

+1

Cool

I know I'm slightly straying off topic, but then what would be a good high altitude prop for me? I'm running 06 RXP w/stage I right now I'm at 14/19 and only getting 7250 rpms

At what point above sea level is considered high altitude? I mostly take the doo's out to Lake Mead in NV and I think we are about 1500ft above sea level, but heat also plays a big role in perforance.

+1
    I'm talking around 6500 ft.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    At what point above sea level is considered high altitude? I mostly take the doo's out to Lake Mead in NV and I think we are about 1500ft above sea level, but heat also plays a big role in perforance.
    General rule is you lose 1mph for every 1000ft gain in elevation above sea level. However this is not a linear relationship, it is exponential, but for the sake of simplicity we'll stick with 1mph loss for every 1000ft.

I run at 1,150ft above sea level and can't really say I'm losing anything due to elevation. Bone stock my ski averaged 67.55mph and was ALWAYS PINNED at 8100 RPM at wide open throttle. Now I am a stage 2 and am right on par with where most guys are running at sea level. For me and you I think weather conditions are a bigger factor to our performance than elevation.

I know that this is an old thread but I posted something last year and really got no answer. Here in NM the air sucks and we are regularly at 7000 or 8000 feet density air where actual elevation is around 4200 ft. I drag race cars alot and it is a big deal! My drag cars run 10.40's in Albuquerque and run a whole second faster at sea level and sometimes alittle more like 1.1 seconds. We went to Georgia to race and went 9.30's there.

My buddy and I bought identical rxt-x's and there is another here. All are stock and will only turn 7400 rpm and run about 67 on the dream-o-meter. They spank everything on the lake but still not as fast as what most other ski's run on this forum.

I've heard all the answers about how my ski is slow etc, etc., but how can three '08 ski's all run the same side by side on the same lake?

I bought the exhaust mod, and the cold air intake and now just got a used riva off the forum here. I doubt I will need a new impeller as it's only turning 7400 rpm now. With the mods will probably only pick up 400 to 500 rpm and be around 7900 rpm at the most is what I am expecting.

Something high altitude owners should be aware of.

+1
    I did a flash back on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by dr_hunt View Post
    I know that this is an old thread but I posted something last year and really got no answer. Here in NM the air sucks and we are regularly at 7000 or 8000 feet density air where actual elevation is around 4200 ft. I drag race cars alot and it is a big deal! My drag cars run 10.40's in Albuquerque and run a whole second faster at sea level and sometimes alittle more like 1.1 seconds. We went to Georgia to race and went 9.30's there.
    The horsepower deamon, I am at Lubbock 400 miles east of you, I am at 2,200 ft and in the summer heat my RAD will be 5,000 +

My buddy and I bought identical rxt-x's and there is another here. All are stock and will only turn 7400 rpm and run about 67 on the dream-o-meter. They spank everything on the lake but still not as fast as what most other ski's run on this forum.
    No surprise there, you need to take some pitch out of your prop to get rpms up. Your skis are only running 64 or 65 on GPS. When the X shows 70 on dreamo your going aprox 67.
    The reason you spanking all other skis is, that everyone is running arround with rpms down. Trust me.

I've heard all the answers about how my ski is slow etc, etc., but how can three '08 ski's all run the same side by side on the same lake?

I bought the exhaust mod, and the cold air intake and now just got a used riva off the forum here. I doubt I will need a new impeller as it's only turning 7400 rpm now. With the mods will probably only pick up 400 to 500 rpm and be around 7900 rpm at the most is what I am expecting.
    It took me a bit to get my ski flying:
    4 inch custom front air,
    ic relocation
    removed filter in mani
    gutted and shortended stock box with thru hull
    opas removed with RE's
    Riva grate, stock moded grate, and worx grate (use which ever I need)

I am running a R and D pro pitch 13/23 that i measure at 14/22. I am all over limiter with 83 ring so should be spot on with heat.

Something high altitude owners should be aware of.
    I can relate to your alltitude, get your boat running max rpm and you will be leaving all in the dust on your lake. They want even under stand. I am there everyday.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information