Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The great white north.

Soon the ice will yield and I shall unleash my PWC fleet! Muwhahahaha. Until then I must suffer as I watch the ice retreat from the shore.

Ok, snapping back to reality the middle of my lake is open . The ice 10ish feet from shore is open. I have 75-100 ft of ice between the open waters taunting me.

Perhaps I can go kamikaze, ram through the ice, and connect the open waters .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ice2.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	230.1 KB 
ID:	66327   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ice1.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	299.3 KB 
ID:	66328  
    Last edited by klutch_nut; 04-07-2008 at 04:24 PM.

Where are you at. 70's today just south of Cleveland OH. Lake ice on inland lakes have been gone for about 2 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneG View Post
    Where are you at.
    Elk River, Minnesota.

Ever heard of Bimidgee (spelling) sounds like be midge ee?

We still have 10" of ice on a lot of the lakes up in WI. They got 25.6" of snow in the UP last week.

Ya you must mean Bemidji ya know. Oh Ya sure, you betcha I know where Bemidji is. It's 150 miles north of me for cryin out loud.

Ever heard of Bimidgee (spelling) sounds like be midge ee?

I grew up in Northern Michigan, just south of Mackinaw Island/City. Must have blocked out of my memory how long it takes spring to finally arrive that far north

I don't care how cold it is here I riding this weekend in a little lake in Northeast Ohio. I have a wetsuit, and predict a short ride. I just can't take the riding stories anymore from our southern counterparts. I have spring fever bad!!

I grew up in Northern Michigan, just south of Mackinaw Island/City. Must have blocked out of my memory how long it takes spring to finally arrive that far north

I don't care how cold it is here I riding this weekend in a little lake in Northeast Ohio. I have a wetsuit, and predict a short ride. I just can't take the riding stories anymore from our southern counterparts. I have spring fever bad!!
    The Bay of Green Bay still has ice and the Fox River is swarmed with Walleye Fishermen. I don't think I could get my ski through all of them.

I am dying to get out on the lake. Ski or boat I don't care. I hate this time of year. I can't drive on the ice or float on the water. Maybe I should build a hovercraft.

Funny story...I have a guy who works for me who submitted an expense report to get to Ohio from Bimidgee (spelling). He had like 300 or so miles (maybe more) submitted and airfare. I said did you drive or fly, he said I flew. I said than whats the milage for, his reply was it took him that many miles to get to the nearest big city airport . I was like holy s#*t thats north!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information