Banned User

Stock prop repitching?

Ok ok i did a search and couldnt find the answers.. I want to get a stock prop pitched to like a 15/20 if thats possable or as close as i could get it since i dont really know how much bigger my ski can push but i went from stock prop to a 14/19r and didnt really lose any rpm's so i want to try something higher and see what happends but dont want to spend money on a new one and not get anywhere. Please let me know what ya guys think or what i should do and my buddy wants to run it in his RXT if its good too.

You can get your prop re-pitched at Improv...
    I'm surprise at your speed without exhaust work, removing the resonator and gutting the waterbox. I could not run the 15/20 until I did those mods with an s3 sc and xs ic. After those mods it ran the 15/20 just fine.

+1
    When going from the stocker to the 14/19, you might not have dropped any rpm, but I bet you picked up 2 mph.

Mike

He's running up north in cold water, Larry. I wish there was a way that warm water could make us Floridians go faster.... steam power?

shoot, w/ a rear air intake he's picked up 4+.

I can't wait to get mine out on the water.

Banned User
    between the 14/19r and the 4'' rear intake and the opas block offs and then free flow exhaust oh and the ride plate holes filled and the rev. bucket mod. i got 5mph from the 66 i had stock.

+1
    Hey, not sure if you saw my other thread, but I ran an experiment on the stock prop. It measured out around 12.5/19. I re-pitched it to 16/24 and tried it out. I ran 76.1 mph at 8100 rpm, but it took 13 psi boost to get there. I'm not sure but that may be a record speed on the stock prop. It goes to show that you can re-pitch the stocker to go faster, but you lose alot of efficiency. A stocker re-pitched to 15/20 is definitely not the same as a Solas factory 15/20.

I'm not sure if this is just perception or reality, but even though the re-pitched stocker cavitated out the hole some and didn't top out that high, it sure seemed to accelerate like mad in the 45 - 70 mph range.

Thread Information