Update After Some Quick Mods to '06 RXT

Hey all,

I finally got to take my '06 RXT out for the first time after doing a little work to it. I filled the rideplate holes, installed a UMI finger throttle (bought from GH, thanks for the super fast shipping!), and removed O.P.A.S..

Finger throttle: When I got in the water I noticed my idle RPMS were way too high so with a little adjustment to the throttle linkage everything was back to normal but I'm still not sure I'm getting full WOT. I may do the solder mod to the throttle that I remember reading on here. Regardless, the finger throttle is so much more nicer and natural than the thumb throttle.

Removed O.P.A.S.: Holy cow! You guys weren't kidding it really does make the ski feel 100 pounds lighter. I could throw it around like it was nothing. It took a while to get used to the steering but once I had that down I could make almost 90 degree turns at 40MPH. Plus it was ultra stable crossing wakes at speed. No more jerking into waves that I had become used to... just aim and fire. I think my next mod may need to be a new seat cover though. The stock one doesn't provide enough grip and my groin is extra sore this morning from squeezing my knees together to hold myself on the ski during turns.

Filled Rideplate Holes: Now the big one, this was a real suprise. Up until this point, my top speed had been 64.3 MPH in 85°Air/75°Water running in a faster boat's wake. Yesterday, with minimal effort I hit 65.7MPH in 90°Air, 77° Water. And the water was far from ideal, it was pretty rough out. I'm curious what I can do in better water.

Anyway, just thought I'd share.

+1

Re: Update After Some Quick Mods to '06 RXT

Quote Originally Posted by WAMason
    Finger throttle: When I got in the water I noticed my idle RPMS were way too high so with a little adjustment to the throttle linkage everything was back to normal but I'm still not sure I'm getting full WOT.
    An easy test for WOT: w/ engine off pull the throtle open and check for any additional play(pull) in the cable with your free hand.

Thread Information