Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Smile Rotax ECU vs. Riva ECU.

Hi guys, I have searched for this post, but with no luck.

What is the difference between the rotax stock racing ECU against the Riva SD pro ECU.?

I know that the Rotax stock will give 10-15 hp, extra.

What will the riva ECU give in hp (stageII)? Do I really have to buy the injectors.?

Thanks again.

+1
    Yes, you have to buy injectors to go with the Riva.

I did back-to-back testing with the Riva/50 lb injectors versus stock/42 lb injectors and there was <.5 mph difference. However, the Riva doesn't max out until ~15 psi boost, whereas the stocker is done at 10 psi.

Mike

Is there no way to re-program the stock ECU. With all the forum members, someone has to be a computer programmer to figure it out without spending big $ from Riva!!!!!111

+1
    It would be nice, but no one has figured it out yet. This sport is way behind the automotive world in that respect.

Quote Originally Posted by engineermike View Post
    It would be nice, but no one has figured it out yet. This sport is way behind the automotive world in that respect.
    Mike weren't you working on that or was it someone else? Or maybe I'm just dreaming as usual.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jesperducati View Post
    Hi guys, I have searched for this post, but with no luck.

What is the difference between the rotax stock racing ECU against the Riva SD pro ECU.?

I know that the Rotax stock will give 10-15 hp, extra.

What will the riva ECU give in hp (stageII)? Do I really have to buy the injectors.?

Thanks again.
    The Riva ECU will out perform the Rotax Racing stock class. It has a more aggressive timing curve and a higher rev limit. The more RPM's you turn the faster you will go.

Yes, you must run 50 lb hr injectors with the Riva ECU as that is what it's mapped to run.

You will also want a minimum of an external intercooler to run this ECU. Having a higher boost supercharger impeller will help too.

Keep in mind that any time you run an aftermarket ECU and increase the rev limit you will also need to upgrade the valve train.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by engineermike View Post

I did back-to-back testing with the Riva/50 lb injectors versus stock/42 lb injectors and there was <.5 mph difference. However, the Riva doesn't max out until ~15 psi boost, whereas the stocker is done at 10 psi.

Mike
    Mike, you are in the 1% bracket because everyone else that has gone with the Riva ECU gains around 3 mph, sometimes more.
    If i remember off the top of my head you didn't pitch appropriately to get max gains out of the Riva ECU. You really need to run it at 8500 RPM's where it makes max power. Timing starts to drop off drastically after that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Mike, you are in the 1% bracket because everyone else that has gone with the Riva ECU gains around 3 mph, sometimes more.
    If i remember off the top of my head you didn't pitch appropriately to get max gains out of the Riva ECU. You really need to run it at 8500 RPM's where it makes max power. Timing starts to drop off drastically after that point.

I have to agree. I picked up almost 4 mph. I was running 77+ mph with a stage 2+ setup and Green wheel. Then, I added the Riva ECU and valve-train and now run consistently in the 80 to 81mph range depending on temp. Actually... my best speed was 81.5mph at 3/4 throttle and on the limiter, but we won’t go there yet.

In short, the Riva ECU mod was a night and day difference. It really brought the Green wheel to life! And remember, just bolting on "go fast" parts is only half the formula for speed, the rest is in the fine details.

-Matt

+1
    Matt, great numbers!

Did you notice a big difference in acceleration with the Riva ECU over the stock ECU?

Quote Originally Posted by MRO View Post
    I have to agree. I picked up almost 4 mph. I was running 77+ mph with a stage 2+ setup and Green wheel. Then, I added the Riva ECU and valve-train and now run consistently in the 80 to 81mph range depending on temp. Actually... my best speed was 81.5mph at 3/4 throttle and on the limiter, but we won’t go there yet.

In short, the Riva ECU mod was a night and day difference. It really brought the Green wheel to life! And remember, just bolting on "go fast" parts is only half the formula for speed, the rest is in the fine details.

-Matt
    +1..... I went from a true 77.5 to a true 80.2 with a BIG difference in acceleration as well.
    (True= full tank of gas, no current, etc..)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information