Thread: New Owner

+1

New Owner

Hello all,

I am a new PWC owner as well as new to the forums. I just bought a 2008 GTI SE 155 hp and I have a few questions. Do you guys trailer with the cover on the ski? The dealer said it was not a good idea because it takes the finish off of it. Also, I read the owners manual, and they didn't have much about the engine break-in period. Is there anything I should know about that? And finally, I am looking to buy a tube eventually for towing, is there any specific one that is better or is it just personal preference? Thanks alot!

all of those are debatable questions but you the search button near the top of the screen, in the middle, under the banner and forum navigation ^^^^^

at least the break-in and cover riding have been covered for sure... not sure bout the tubing question but i dont know about that because i dont own a tube.

hope that helps.

oh yea... Welcome to the Hulk

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rangermtb5 View Post
    Hello all,

I am a new PWC owner as well as new to the forums. I just bought a 2008 GTI SE 155 hp and I have a few questions. Do you guys trailer with the cover on the ski? The dealer said it was not a good idea because it takes the finish off of it. Also, I read the owners manual, and they didn't have much about the engine break-in period. Is there anything I should know about that? And finally, I am looking to buy a tube eventually for towing, is there any specific one that is better or is it just personal preference? Thanks alot!
    Ok my opinions on these subjects.

1. Trailer with out the cover, to protect the finish, most modern covers are tight fitting and will do only very slight damage to the finish, so it really is preference(and onther reason I don't, as covers age UV makes the fibers brittle so the cover will tear as you tow the ski)

2. Breaking in, my philosophy and a popular one here is let the engine warm up then ride it hard and vary the trottle.

3. Tubes, its all personal preference.

Big Norm
    Quote Originally Posted by rangermtb5 View Post
    Hello all,
    And finally, I am looking to buy a tube eventually for towing, is there any specific one that is better or is it just personal preference? Thanks alot!
    I've had my skis for a year and with my tube pulling experience you have to be prepared for the tube to move the back of your ski around. Don't be suprised, just stay on the throttle and you'll be fine. As far as the type of tube it all depends on the skill level of your tubers.

+1
    Ok, thanks for the advice! I don't think I'll be towing right away, I want to get a feel for the machine before I start towing. Thanks again!

+1
    Never tow with the covers! I use this to help from rocks and road debris...

http://www.blueox.us/Accessories/sportguard.htm

Ed

Thread Information