Please help...filling in holes.

I am puting new hydro turf mats on and had a question on filling the hole in the hull where the water squirt thingy is? What ever that piece is called. Some call it the pisser, whatever. I tried to fill it with 5200 fastcure(only thing i had laying around) but i think it might be too thick of a spot or too cold out. So I put a shop light on it to keep it warm. I read this somewhere. But anyways you think i sould just start over and just go out and get some marinetex and fill it in with that? I was just trying to hurry and save a trip. it doesnt need to look good just needs to be smooth. I am going to put the mats over it.
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by krispaintballz View Post
    I am puting new hydro turf mats on and had a question on filling the hole in the hull where the water squirt thingy is? What ever that piece is called. Some call it the pisser, whatever. I tried to fill it with 5200 fastcure(only thing i had laying around) but i think it might be too thick of a spot or too cold out. So I put a shop light on it to keep it warm. I read this somewhere. But anyways you think i sould just start over and just go out and get some marinetex and fill it in with that? I was just trying to hurry and save a trip. it doesnt need to look good just needs to be smooth. I am going to put the mats over it.
    thanks
    Take the plastic pisser out of the hole. Stick it in upside down from the bottom. Mark it so you can cut it flat with the hull. Cut. Then 5200 it into place. This is what I did and it works great.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisrokc View Post
    Take the plastic pisser out of the hole. Stick it in upside down from the bottom. Mark it so you can cut it flat with the hull. Cut. Then 5200 it into place. This is what I did and it works great.

Right now i took the plastic pisser out and filled the hole with 5200. Can you see the pisser when the mats are over it or no? Cause the pisser is not perfectly smooth with the top of back step and wondered if its shows through. I want it to be perfectly flat like nothing was there.

Quote Originally Posted by krispaintballz View Post
    Right now i took the plastic pisser out and filled the hole with 5200. Can you see the pisser when the mats are over it or no? Cause the pisser is not perfectly smooth with the top of back step and wondered if its shows through. I want it to be perfectly flat like nothing was there.
    Thats what I am talking about. Turn it upside down and install it through the bottom of the ski instead of though the top. Then cut it off so it will be smooth on the top surface. Then 5200 it into place.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisrokc View Post
    Thats what I am talking about. Turn it upside down and install it through the bottom of the ski instead of though the top. Then cut it off so it will be smooth on the top surface. Then 5200 it into place.
    Sounds good thats what i thought you meant.....just wanted to make sure. I am just having trounle with this 5200 fastcure. It must be the cold. But it has to be like 50 in my garage and with the shop light on it. A day later still sticky and moveable.

+1
    i just left mine in place and glue the hydro turf over the top and you cant see mine ..

Thread Information