Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

elbow in fuel sending line?

Schematics don't show the elbow shown in this pic. However, it was installed as you see here.

Has anyone seen an elbow in a gravity fed fuel line...and won't this reduce the fuel flow at least at high speeds?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0890.JPG 
Views:	35 
Size:	2.66 MB 
ID:	66509  

There is no elbow in any Sea Doo 2 stroke ful lin system, remove the elbow and run the line stait back to the carbs, also replace your fuel line with updated Black fuel line so you dont have a Ethnol fuel problem later

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    I think its called, damn there is a hole in this fuel line, hey I have 1/4 elbow that'll work.

Good one Darth, thats funny , you got that right!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WMFwatercraft View Post
    There is no elbow in any Sea Doo 2 stroke ful lin system, remove the elbow and run the line stait back to the carbs, also replace your fuel line with updated Black fuel line so you dont have a Ethnol fuel problem later
    +1, I don't remember a 90 ever being in doo's fuel supply lines.

01 elbow in fuel line

This motor has been rebuilt 2 or 3 times by the same shop & every time it seized at high speeds. Once before the 15 hour break in ended, the second at 10 hours. Continued problems caused me to purchase a new ski and leave this one as spare. They replaced the motor, the crank, oil pump, fuel lines, etc. I would think that this elbow could limit fuel flow at high speeds and cause it to run lean. Unfortunately I did not think to check before because i paid them to do teh work and thought that with their reputation they would know what they were doing.

I bought it new and guarantee I didnt' replace anything like this. We only did minor maintenance like battery changes, spark plugs and rave valve cleanings.

+1
    Remove the elbow.

That could be the problem, hard to say though, it could be alot of things, but the techs should have caught the elbow in the fuel line and removed it, if they rebuilt the carbs?????? It could be the root of all your problems, good luck with the job, I would find another shop, just my opion!

I forgot to mention that the ski ran fine up until about 396 hours immaculately maintained. I took it in only because over a weekend noticed it was slower than my other RX which I bought at the same time (and had similar hours). My other 2-stroke now has more hours on it and runs just fine with no problems. They swore up and down the one I brought in was running properly and was just a slow 2-stroke. So then I told them do a Level 1 on it . When doing the level 1 they notices scoring in the sleeves and replaced them. Level 1 included different needles in the carbs, a carb rebuild, flame arrestors, etc and after they noticed the damage a new top end with milled head.

I only fill the skis from gas cans which are kept inside and clean and only 93 octane fuel from the same gas station I fill my car at. The gas station is less than 3 years old and I have been filling at it since it was built. Oh, I check and clean the fuel filter every time out. If it's dirty it gets cleaned and changed.
    Last edited by saltycaptain; 04-08-2008 at 08:47 PM.

Do, you have ethonol in your gas there? if so, you need to replace your fuel line, clean your carbs, and tank!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information