Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Convert Riva's Pro Air Intake to Performance Intake

Hey guys my first post since Nov ! ...I have hardly had time to sleep cuz Its been a rough winter for a guy in the road salt business in the northren mid-west.... buying salt, locating salt to buy, unloading salt ships, and loading trucks wow what a winter thank god thats over and can get back to my hobby's... anyway....

I think I read a while back about converting from Riva's "pro" outside of hull air intake to the "performance" inside of hull intake...is this do-able with out buying anything extra ?

Form the looks of it I just need to remove the Pro intake I have installed now and hack-saw it down to proper size and put the filter on the end.....but the only question is, it then will be a free hanging tube in the hull what will make it stay upright ?

There was a metal bracket looking thing that was unused that came with the Pro intake package and I noticed it fit perfectly to the unused screw holes that are on the intake tube and I imagine that is to hang the performance intake tube, and those very same holes and the bracket are unused when installing the Pro intake kit....I hope someone knows what I am talking about... jeez... Cuz I just read what I typed and it seems rather confusing

Thanks Guys
    Good to talk to you all again !

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra250xryder View Post
    Hey guys my first post since Nov ! ...I have hardly had time to sleep cuz Its been a rough winter for a guy in the road salt business in the northren mid-west.... buying salt, locating salt to buy, unloading salt ships, and loading trucks wow what a winter thank god thats over and can get back to my hobby's... anyway....

I think I read a while back about converting from Riva's "pro" outside of hull air intake to the "performance" inside of hull intake...is this do-able with out buying anything extra ?

Form the looks of it I just need to remove the Pro intake I have installed now and hack-saw it down to proper size and put the filter on the end.....but the only question is, it then will be a free hanging tube in the hull what will make it stay upright ?

There was a metal bracket looking thing that was unused that came with the Pro intake package and I noticed it fit perfectly to the unused screw holes that are on the intake tube and I imagine that is to hang the performance intake tube, and those very same holes and the bracket are unused when installing the Pro intake kit....I hope someone knows what I am talking about... jeez... Cuz I just read what I typed and it seems rather confusing

Thanks Guys
    Good to talk to you all again !
    Yes it is completely do-able. Riva will sell the small metal bracket you need.

Thx Skip

Thanks Skip !

I still have the bracket it came with the Pro intake I orderd & installed last summer and it was unused in the Pro intake setup but I am glad I hung on to it...so it looks like I got a fun weekend project

Thanks Again

+1
    Converting the Pro Intake to the Performance Intake system is actually a really good way to ensure zero water entering into your engine. Riva was pretty smart in making a two-in-one cold air system.

The conversion from the Pro to the Performance is literally just a one-two combo of mods to your purchased part. A hacksaw or saws-all on the seam quickly lobs off the extra-length elbow, placing the air filter inside of the hull rather than out.

As for the additional bracket, like Skip said, merely call up Riva and they'll send it out to you ASAP.

The man speeks from experiance.

+1
    I'm afraid I don't recall what you're speaking of, Senator...

Thanks for the help guys...I know I held on to the bracket I know I didnt throw it away...so Ill do some digging around in my "parts" box and hope to find it ...if not Ill do as you guys said and call Riva and order one

Thanks Again

I saw your motor in the back of PWI, all tsashed.

No offense but what in the hell was that article suppose to be about.

Something about throw out your VCR and the old days ya had to walk up hill both ways or something.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Skips313 View Post
    I saw your motor in the back of PWI, all trashed.

No offense but what in the hell was that article suppose to be about.

Something about throw out your VCR and the old days ya had to walk up hill both ways or something.
    You're talking about Kevin Cameron's "Professor PWC" from the March/April '08 issue. The point he was trying to convey (which I thought he did really well), was how consumer items today are designed to be replaced, not repaired.

Automobiles, electronics, computers, housewares, appliances, etc. All have been simplified, reduced, and mass-produced to the point of reducing shelf-life. Think of your car today. 85 to 90% of your vehicle's interior and body panelling is secured with plastic, locking fasteners and press tabs. The only screws, bolts, and metal hardware is found in the drivetrain.

Kevin Cameron - I feel - eloquently was longing for the days when we, the consumer, were encouraged to work on our equipment. When OEMs happily provided tech tips, Saturday morning tutorials, sold manuals freely, and the like. I'm sure you've noticed the gradual decline in people who work on their own stuff.

What car today do you think will survive as long as my '69 Dodge Charger? Not with the electronics, plastics, and deteriorating components that exist today. Things are designed to survive 6 to 10 years, suddenly fall apart and be replaced, not repaired. When was the last time you had a radio, TV, or microwave repaired? Me neither.

Oh why didn't he just say he likes old stuff better then new stuff?

Not being smart or disrespectful but....

I had my plasma repaired not too long ago. They replaces the video card in it, took the guy 15 minutes. Kitchen Aid microwaves are lifetime appliances and who carries radios anymore.

As for cars, Man cars are built better cheaper and faster then ever before. You show me an untouched 69 car in good shape thats been used. The older cars rusted out, were heavy and gas guzzlers. The smoked and choked and ofter leaked oil. In fact if you have 100K miles on an older car it was do for a rebuild. Now its not uncommon for cars to go 250k.

Ive seen dash boards on many Chevelles crack and dry rot due to UV exposure. Today plastic Technology kills the past. Shoot Saturn makes body panel out of plastic, no dents no dings and cheep to replace.

Our economy doesn't support expensive labor any more. Pay a guy 6 hours to hammer out a fender cost more then recycling the bent up one and buying a new one. Bottom line is Technology and reusable resources.

Lets face it their is alot of junk items out there but if your choose wisely there are tons of great products with lifetime capabilities that were not available in the past.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information