Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Hood latch/hood stuck!

If it's not one thing it's another. So I was going to put on the stainless hose dress up kit on my new P-X. Take off one of the plastic OEM hoses, shut the hood and when I went to open it back up it won't. I've literally been fooling with that thing for almost an hour. WTF! If you push it down it latches. Flip the latch release and it clicks but doesn't release it fully. In fact I can't say for sure that it's the hood pin that's catching on. What a mess...any suggestions? I've pulled both hoses and thought maybe I could separate the painted part from the undercarriage of the hood - but the last thing I want to do is bust something...I haven't even got 1 second on this ski yet...couldn't even gas it up now if I wanted...ugh!

+1
    Anyone? Any ideas?

+1
    Try pushing DOWN on the lid, while flipping the latch... sounds stupid, but might work.

+1
    I did...that's how I got it to re-snap, or close and then I continue to hold the latch engaged while moving it around to see if it's caught...hmm, I'm really stumped (locked in a trunk).

this happened to me also,, i was able to open it by force, what i think happened is the allignment of the latch and pin are out and wen u press the release ther is too much load on the latch to open... what i did was stand up on the tralier straddling the nose of the ski facing the latch, press the release and hold it while forcing the hood in diferent directions and pulling up on hood, basically you need to take the load off the pin... i also tried screwdriver in the latch and levering the hood, it opened both ways 4 me. wen u get it open check all srews, bolts are tiight and reallign latch and pin. my latch and pin got misalligned from wave jumping, pin becomes loose and moves, seat pin also can move from wave jumping these pins need to be tight...

+1
    I think that is the problem - an alignment issue. That was one of the first things I saw when I picked the ski up was that the hood seemed to fit funny, especially how the reverse level looked - just didn't seem flush. But I had opened the hood a few times and it didn't hang so I never gave it a second thought...until now. I had dreams last night about it - I HATE THIS SKI AND SHOULD NEVER HAVE BOUGHT A X. Look at me, I'm talking crazy!

+1

Change your avatar and the hood will open.....

+1
    It is karma...

i encountered this when installing my umi system. You need to loosen the nut on the pin a little and it will open. if you cant reach the pin, try to see where the hood is getting stuck and use force to slide the hood so the latch can release from the pin.

this happens when the nut on the pin is over tightened and it throws the alignment between the pin and the latch off ever so slightly. Just enough for it latch but not enough give for it unlatch....very simple fix.

i had one stick no matter what I tried (by moving/pushing) wouldn't get it loose, I took a wrench and loosened the bolts holding the latch (plastic part in hood). a pain to get at but once loosened a bit the moving of the hood to release will work then readjust correctly.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information