Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick question on RXP Stage 1 Kit

Sorry if this has been asked before. Iam tryin to slowly give my Stock RXP a lil bit of boost. So i want to start off with the stage 1 kit.

My question is, do I need any speacialty tools from seadoo to install this kit?

Also for a beginner like myself, do you guys think I will be able to install everything pretty easily on the rxp?

Thanks a lot for and and all help.

Nick

I hate things that don't work! SearayEX12's Avatar
    I am also a beginner PWC modding and I don't think you should have any trouble putting a stage 1 kit on. Look in the HOw TO section and there is some great information on the tools needed to remove the pump and how to change the impeller. You are going to need the impeller removal tool and a vise clamp. Other than that you should be set.

+1
    The Riva Stage 1 kit can be installed with normal hand tools. It's also designed to be a "do it yourselfer" type of kit and comes with complete instructions with pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by CKYnick View Post
    Sorry if this has been asked before. Iam tryin to slowly give my Stock RXP a lil bit of boost. So i want to start off with the stage 1 kit.

My question is, do I need any speacialty tools from seadoo to install this kit?

Also for a beginner like myself, do you guys think I will be able to install everything pretty easily on the rxp?

Thanks a lot for and and all help.

Nick
    I am hoping that you already have switched to metal supercharger washers before you do anything else?

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by CKYnick View Post

Like Jerry said, hand tools are all that is needed....along with some patience and time. Since you are new, read everything you can before turning a wrench and/or purchasing anything. Knowledge is golden, and answers are just a SEARCH button away...

Check out this section, read the threads, it will cover about 99% of the questions you will probably answer...
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11

Also, you may find some forum members in your area (or down the street) that would be willing to "supervise" you while you wrench

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SearayEX12 View Post
    I You are going to need the impeller removal tool and a vise clamp..
    Yes your gonna need the impellor removal tool AND a 12mm hex head socket to take the prop out...You can get the tool from Jerrys store and the hex head socket from sears or any part store that sells tools..

Thanks a lot for all the info, sorry I didnt search better, just wanted to get a quick question in before I ordered the kit. I appreciate all the help and cant wait!

Thanks A LOT

Nick

+1
    Where Are You Located? Maybe Someone Could Help Out.todd

Like MKSMI said, you might want to change your stock washers out to the upgraded Metal washers before you do anything, if you havent already done so.

Iam in Newark, Delaware. A few friends of mine have some pretty good knowledge about pwc's so I will get them to give me a hand. I think there are a few people from delaware on her, I know bill (wmfwatercraft) is from millsboro.

I will just take my time and do things right.

BTW I havent changes the washers yet, have 17 hrs on the ski. I wont risk it though with a stage one and thru hull, so I will purchase them and install them before any upgrades.

Thanks again for everything.

Nick

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information