Thread: Please Help!!!

Please Help!!!

Hello,

I'm VERY new to boating and definitely a rookie when it comes to parts/engine, etc... i dont know very much... i probably couldn't even change the oil in the boat without alot of help.

Anyway, at the end of last boating season I purchased a 2007 Sea Doo Speedster 200 430hp SCIC. I used it for about 5-10 hours on freshwater here in upstate NY. (Syracuse area). The boat is currently at the dealer for winter storage. I have read a lot about the whole SC washer deal. Like I said I really no NOTHING about how I'd go about switching the washers. Is it necessary? How much would the total cost of switching them be because I'm on a tight budget. How long would the whole process be? And finally... I wouldn't even know how to get the washers out to get them changed in the first place....

PLEASE HELP!!!!

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mkersey24 View Post
    Hello,

I'm VERY new to boating and definitely a rookie when it comes to parts/engine, etc... i dont know very much... i probably couldn't even change the oil in the boat without alot of help.

Anyway, at the end of last boating season I purchased a 2007 Sea Doo Speedster 200 430hp SCIC. I used it for about 5-10 hours on freshwater here in upstate NY. (Syracuse area). The boat is currently at the dealer for winter storage. I have read a lot about the whole SC washer deal. Like I said I really no NOTHING about how I'd go about switching the washers. Is it necessary? How much would the total cost of switching them be because I'm on a tight budget. How long would the whole process be? And finally... I wouldn't even know how to get the washers out to get them changed in the first place....

PLEASE HELP!!!!
    There is a thread on SC removal in the Sea Doo how too forums(same motor as your boat). Least expensive way is to have Jerry(Green Hulk) do them. The washers are $109 less the 10% GH discount in the store and JErry charges $50 labor to change them. So you would be looking at about $350 with shipping, a small price for peace of mind if you ask me.

Thank you....

I only see the link for a 2005 jetski... at http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=13403

You said there is a link for my exact boat??

If I remember correctly there are only 3 bolts on each S/C to hold it onto the engine. Just take off the air intake and then undo the three bolts. Send the whole S/C into Jerry and he'll take care of you. Make sure you use the GH discount in the online store to get 10% off.....Good luck

Doo It Till It Hurts! holdnon72's Avatar
    Good thing is you live in NY and alot of guys on this forum are from NY and NJ so maybe someone would be willing to help you pull the Super Charger off if you take the trip over to their place.

Anybody willing to give this member a hand? Anybody live close enough to him?

I didn't think of it, but my father is VERY good with work like this. He's never done much work on boats, mostly cars... but i gotta figure with the good directions he wouldn't have a problem doing it.

Thank you all!

Thread Information