Thread: HELP please!

HELP please!

Hello,

I'm VERY new to boating and definitely a rookie when it comes to parts/engine, etc... i dont know very much... i probably couldn't even change the oil in the boat without alot of help.

Anyway, at the end of last boating season I purchased a 2007 Sea Doo Speedster 200 430hp SCIC. I used it for about 5-10 hours on freshwater here in upstate NY. (Syracuse area). The boat is currently at the dealer for winter storage. I have read a lot about the whole SC washer deal. Like I said I really no NOTHING about how I'd go about switching the washers. Is it necessary? How much would the total cost of switching them be because I'm on a tight budget. How long would the whole process be? And finally... I wouldn't even know how to get the washers out to get them changed in the first place....

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Here is some info you can read up on. I am sure there are members close to you, that can offer help in removing the S/Cs if you need it.
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...071#post243071

I hate things that don't work! SearayEX12's Avatar
    What dealership if you don't mind me asking?

RC Congel (Cicero,NY)

I have dealt with them on many occasions. They will add metal washers if you ask them to. Being that you have twin engines on the speedster, i would probably opt to do the work yourself and send the superchargers in to Jerry. There is a great thread in the "How To" section about removing the supercharger. Even though it is about a PWC, it will still apply for the most part. If you buy the metal washers from jerry's store(two sets) and in the instructions say you will be sending the superchargers in, that could. I am not sure how mechanically inclined you are if you wanted to do them yourself. I live in the Syracuse area but am out of town for the next couple months. I am realtively new myself, but if you have any questions or just want to meet up this summer, don' be afraid to give me a shout.

Thanks for the info... I'm thinking I'll take your advice and try to see if I can get them out myself when I get the boat back in a couple weeks, and then send them to Jerry. Hopefully it won't be to hard for a rookie like myself to figure it out.

Thanks again!

No problem. I am by no means experienced, but everyone on this forum have helped me so much! I think this is probably the best source of information for anything pwc out there.

Quote Originally Posted by mkersey24 View Post
    Thanks for the info... I'm thinking I'll take your advice and try to see if I can get them out myself when I get the boat back in a couple weeks, and then send them to Jerry. Hopefully it won't be to hard for a rookie like myself to figure it out.

Thanks again!
    You can do it! Take your time, and if you have any questions, they will be answered within minutes here.

Thread Information