Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1

Stock battery cranking amps?

anyone able to find or know off-hand the cranking amps on the stock Yuasa batteries? YB30CLB

I found a different one that is a replacement and it is listed at 370 cold cranking amps

Battery Type: YB30CL-B

Voltage: 12
    Capacity (Amp. Hrs.): 30
    Dimensions: 6 5/8" x 5 3/16" x 7 9/16"
    Weight: 14.5 lbs.
    Metric Dimensions: 168mm x 132mm x 192.2mm
    Metric Weight: kg
    Polarity:
    Acid Volume: 57.5
    Charging Current (Amps.): 3.0

***edit
    Found yet another place that listed the cca of the yuasa battery:
    YB - 12 Volt Motorcycle Battery YB30CL-B
    Voltage: 12 V
    AH: 30 AH
    Type: Wet - Flooded
    CCA: 300
    Weight: 14
    Length: 6.6
    Width: 5.3
    Height: 6.9
    Last edited by Lurker; 04-10-2008 at 01:14 PM.

+1
    yea those are the only specs i've found as well on the yuasa

i want a sealed up battery, no more acid... but i need something compact and obviously that can lay down flat bc of where i want to mount it...

in looking at the odyssey batteries, i feel the pc925 is a monster of a battery, almost overkill... i'm thinking of trying the pc625 which is used on the seadoo and yamaha 2-strokes and also used on the yamaha 4-strokes.. it's a replacement for the YB16clb battery... it also weighs 10 lbs less, the big pc925 is heavy!

i know the 4-tecs will crank and start on a 2-stroke yuasa yb16clb battery... we get skis in for service all the time with the wrong battery in there and they run and keep going no problem, and when a ski is dead we have no problem getting them started with acid yb16's...

i was just trying to find cranking amps on the yuasa yb30 to compare it to the PC625 and compare that one last spec before i bought one

It would be nice if they had the cca for their pc625 listed, but instead they have the values at 77 degrees. Those numbers are going to be much better then true cca.

I don't think you would have a problem with the pc625 unless you run into a situation where you have to crank the engine for long periods of time, may need to keep it on a charger more often while in the garage tho.

Are we talking about your conversion ski? If we are then get this battery, since you are running lower compression (I thought I read that somewhere) for the higher boost turbo you won't need the power that a higher compression motor would take to get going.

+1
    Steve, get on www.napaonline.com and look at these. Search part #'s 20LBS and 30LBS. I have run the 20LBS in my Yamaha 2 strokes and they are GREAT. They are a good quality AGM battery. I was very concerned with the first one that I tried because they come dry. I have had these installed in my skis for 2 years with no problems. After I put the acid in and charged the first one I took the caps off and turned it upside down and not 1 drop of acid came out. I was VERY skeptical that these were AGM batteries since they came dry, but I am a believer now. I have no experience with the odysseys, but have seen several bad reviews and that kept me from purchasing one.

+1
    yup for the gprxp..

i think the smaller battery is gonna do just fine also... like u said tho, if i run into a situation where i have a rough time starting and it's cranking alot then i may run into a problem... but i'm not concerned with it

i'll go for it, got nothing to lose... u gave me added confidence to do it, LOL

+1
    ooo...

i'll look into them also Jeff!

size is the big thing for me... i need something i can lay flat and tuck into a cavity in the rear of the ski and make sure it's gonna give me enough space to run all my pipes for my dual exhaust that's gonna be all over the back of the ski

i called up local odyssey place and told them i was a dealer for powersports and wanted to pick up a few batteries to test in our own demo machines and see how we like them... even at dealer cost, suckers are expensive! ... even the yuasa acid batteries went up in price astronomically, they're just about AS expensive now

+1
    Hey Lurker...

what ya think of the PC680?

i bought the pc625 and took it home and i'm fighting with it the 680 is almost 1" slimmer.

i think i'll make a battery shape out of cardboard to mimick the 680 and see if that'll even work for me

it's weird... the 680 is more cranking camps than the 625... at 10 seconds, 30, 45 etc..

BUT... the COLD cranking amps of the 625 is MORE than the CCA of the 680

Spec wise I think either will work, something isn't right about the cca vs. ca between those two batteries. I like the additional power the 680 has when cranking.

Personally I like the way the 625 looks

Gotta go off on a tangent here........What's up with their website? how are you supposed to compare specs if they don't follow a standard for listing their batteries?
    # Length 6.7"
    # Width 3.90"
    # Height 6.89"
    # Weight 13.2 lbs

# Length 7 1/16"
    # Width 3"
    # Height 6 9/16"
    # Weighs less than 15 lbs

Then one has amp hours listed and the other doesn't......good batteries, shitty website...sooooo annoying, we're in 2008 not 1998

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information