+1

A Q just for fun...

went for a mega ride other day and got a good 20 miles from ramp when my buddys 06 started vibrating(bad)

got it to a beach and flipped it over expecting to see rope or seaweed caught in her ....

nothing at all...pulled her right up on beach thinking he had a big ding in prop...nothing...grate off..nothing...

water tested it there and it vibrated all the time but reved up sweet but once in the water and in motion it felt like cavitation/slip plus the vibration business.

well he limped back home while i was blasting about and generally getting on his tits splashing him while we rode at 30 ish, or it shook his dental work

on trailer, same story nothing visible with prop/grate/inter shaft..

can you put you finger on it for fun as the dealer is getting it Saturday for warranty work,unless its prop but it look mega clean as you would think a 6 hour ski would be thats not beached or ridden in less than 6 foot

what a day..weather good flat sea's...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P4090094.JPG 
Views:	56 
Size:	751.3 KB 
ID:	66852  

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    i had the same problem on mine looked in the pump did not see anything. Had a bad vibration and slipping put ski on the trailer and got a flash light and looked from the intake up at the impeller and there was a little branch about 1 inch long and half the thickness of a pencil jammed against the impeller and liner. Took it out went back to water and it was fine, I could not believe a little branch would do that.

+1
    wish i could have a look for him but the dealer wants to slap his butt for some $$ and told us if i touch it the pump is out of warranty..

+1
    Like Jim, I've had chunks of wood lodged between the blades causing this problem. Wasn't visible unless mirror was used.

+1
    Also, shine a flashlight from the rear into the stator. A few times i've had things like potato chip bags get through the prop, but get caught behind it. I've also had a few drinking straws get caught between prop and liner.

I carry a 2ft long straightend coat hanger with a 1" hook on it(stors nicely down behind styrofoam under the front bucket). It gets out most things that get caught up in the intake. For the harder things that are caught in the liner i use a 1.5 ft pair of needle nose pliers, $10 at harbor freight.

+1
    Heres the pliers. $14 for the set at harbor freight. 16" long

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=38598
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information