Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: engine oil

  1. #1
    needforspeed04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    60

    engine oil

    I just got some sea-doo 4 stroke oil for my 04 RXP and it is the synthetic BRP 4 stroke oil in the yellow quart rather than the mineral 4 stroke oil in the white quart... does that matter or should i take this synthetic back and get the mineral???

    Thanks!


  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Lakeland, FL
    Posts
    1,414
    take this synthetic back and get the mineral!!!
    !!!

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by needforspeed04 View Post
    I just got some sea-doo 4 stroke oil for my 04 RXP and it is the synthetic BRP 4 stroke oil in the yellow quart rather than the mineral 4 stroke oil in the white quart... does that matter or should i take this synthetic back and get the mineral???

    Thanks!
    if you still have the stock ceramic washers in the supercharger, then yes, exchange it for mineral oil...
    synths should only be used with steel replacement washers in the SC`ers
    JASO friction modifier free synth`s to be more precise...

  4. #4
    needforspeed04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    60
    i have Jerry's metal washers in my charger but i dont want any slippage when it comes to performance!! it is the BRP oil for 4 tec engines but it is the synthetic SAE 5W-40 rather than the BRP mineral SAE 10W-40 oil... if that makes any more sense to you guys

  5. #5
    I hate things that don't work! SearayEX12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Alexandria Bay, NY
    Posts
    526
    Even some of the synthetic oils that have been released that claim to not have friction modifiers are causing slippage. This is even with the metal washers. I would just stick with the BRP mineral oil SAE 10W-40.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by needforspeed04 View Post
    i have Jerry's metal washers in my charger but i dont want any slippage when it comes to performance!! it is the BRP oil for 4 tec engines but it is the synthetic SAE 5W-40 rather than the BRP mineral SAE 10W-40 oil... if that makes any more sense to you guys
    I don`t have any experience with the 5W40 BRP, so I`m not 100% sure if it`s friction modifier free. so maybe your safest bet is just to use the mineral. Unless someone states differently.

    in the future, if you wanted to use synth`s, I highly reccomend Amsoil products, and they can be purchased right here. Best synth`s as far as I`m concerned

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by SearayEX12 View Post
    Even some of the synthetic oils that have been released that claim to not have friction modifiers are causing slippage. This is even with the metal washers. I would just stick with the BRP mineral oil SAE 10W-40.
    I don`t want to create an oil debate, but that may be true with HIGH BOOST SC`ers. Many have not had any issues, including myself...

  8. #8
    needforspeed04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    60
    alrighty then, i appreciate the help guyz, ill jus take this back and get the mineral oil!!! Thanks!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. engine oil leak
    By rolo2230 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-26-2008, 11:07 PM
  2. Consensus on Good Engine Oil for C180 215 HP SCIC
    By ballfire8888 in forum Sea Doo Sport Boats
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-28-2007, 02:12 PM
  3. type of engine oil
    By wishihad1 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-18-2007, 11:01 PM
  4. Best Procedure Of Changing RXP Engine Oil
    By LAB69 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-05-2007, 11:48 PM
  5. RACE ENGINEERING Oil Catch Can
    By mrracing in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 08-19-2006, 01:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •