Thread: engine oil

engine oil

I just got some sea-doo 4 stroke oil for my 04 RXP and it is the synthetic BRP 4 stroke oil in the yellow quart rather than the mineral 4 stroke oil in the white quart... does that matter or should i take this synthetic back and get the mineral???

Thanks!

take this synthetic back and get the mineral!!!
    !!!

Quote Originally Posted by needforspeed04 View Post
    I just got some sea-doo 4 stroke oil for my 04 RXP and it is the synthetic BRP 4 stroke oil in the yellow quart rather than the mineral 4 stroke oil in the white quart... does that matter or should i take this synthetic back and get the mineral???

Thanks!
    if you still have the stock ceramic washers in the supercharger, then yes, exchange it for mineral oil...
    synths should only be used with steel replacement washers in the SC`ers
    JASO friction modifier free synth`s to be more precise...

i have Jerry's metal washers in my charger but i dont want any slippage when it comes to performance!! it is the BRP oil for 4 tec engines but it is the synthetic SAE 5W-40 rather than the BRP mineral SAE 10W-40 oil... if that makes any more sense to you guys

I hate things that don't work! SearayEX12's Avatar
    Even some of the synthetic oils that have been released that claim to not have friction modifiers are causing slippage. This is even with the metal washers. I would just stick with the BRP mineral oil SAE 10W-40.

Quote Originally Posted by needforspeed04 View Post
    i have Jerry's metal washers in my charger but i dont want any slippage when it comes to performance!! it is the BRP oil for 4 tec engines but it is the synthetic SAE 5W-40 rather than the BRP mineral SAE 10W-40 oil... if that makes any more sense to you guys
    I don`t have any experience with the 5W40 BRP, so I`m not 100% sure if it`s friction modifier free. so maybe your safest bet is just to use the mineral. Unless someone states differently.

in the future, if you wanted to use synth`s, I highly reccomend Amsoil products, and they can be purchased right here. Best synth`s as far as I`m concerned

Quote Originally Posted by SearayEX12 View Post
    Even some of the synthetic oils that have been released that claim to not have friction modifiers are causing slippage. This is even with the metal washers. I would just stick with the BRP mineral oil SAE 10W-40.
    I don`t want to create an oil debate, but that may be true with HIGH BOOST SC`ers. Many have not had any issues, including myself...

alrighty then, i appreciate the help guyz, ill jus take this back and get the mineral oil!!! Thanks!

Thread Information