Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

What happened to the poll?

Ive been asked many times
    Quote Originally Posted by Banks93 View Post
    What happened to your poll?
    Here is what happened.....

At first it started as positive discussion pros and cons from the different views, but it started becoming repetative and the same things being said over and over again ( I was the worst one of posters ) the thread really took a negative turn and just became an arguement instead of discussion.

Overwhelmingly it was agreed it was still a PWC, just with a prop instead of pump, and as I listened to the reasons why I shouldnt run unlimited class, someone made a statement that finally got through to me.

The classes were named and decided on before I built this conversion when no one (including me) knew about this new evolution. It was called Unlimited , but we never considered there would be a PWC with prop even in competition. It really isnt apples to apples. I limit my own speed due to safety, but if I wanted to go faster, all i have to do is pull the throttle a little more. This ski,its capable of going much faster then I can heal

So even though the yeahs were outfront for me to run unlimited class, I came to understand that the ones voting against it really had valid points. I had just immaturely sunk my teeth doggedly into my position and it took me longer then it should have to realize it.

This understanding , coupled with the fact the thread was heading into a negative direction that would only galvanise the sides against each other I decided to pull the plug and asked Jerrry to close the thread.

I never would have dreamed of building this conversion had it not been for the GREENHULK site , reading about others awesome conversions and the terrific creativity that is allowed to grow here. This site is certainly one of a kind in the PWC world and I am proud to be a part of it.

Jerry , Billy , and rest of membership, please accept my heartfelt apology for allowing my project to be a distraction to the real spirit of mudbug. Friends and fellowship getting together with other forum members to share in an event we can all be proud of.

Thanks
    David Bunn
    Last edited by RUNWME; 04-10-2008 at 07:54 PM.

Tastefully said

responder`s please keep this topic civil, Thank You...PR...

Dont judge me...
    Well is it still going to be at Mudbug?

+1
    All the more reasons to NOT have ANY classes or trophies at the Mud Bug---- Just "run whatcha brung"--enjoy the people--the riding--the scenery--the food--and new friendships. Having classes is for sanctioned meets of what ever kind--automobile drag races--air races--off shore boat racing--etc.
    We are just a huge bunch of friends--meeting on a certian weekend of each year in a certian place--to enjoy life and each other.
    Last edited by Sundance; 04-10-2008 at 08:53 PM.

+1
    David I will be one of the first to shake your hand.. You are and always will be a positive to the site known as greenhulk.

+1
    Very well said David.

With over 10,000 people on this forum we are all not going to see eye to eye. Its just human nature.

You have gone from a newbie to the fastest in less then 6 months. I don't care if you have a prop or a jet engine thats an accomplishment in my book!!

We have become great friends and look forward to meeting you at MB. Remember its just a hobby and everything will be fine in June, we really are different in person.

Has there been any thought into rearranging the classes and adding one or two?

Maybe have a hybrid class and an unlimited class. hybrid would require a pwc hull, pwc pump, and pwc engine (This would be gprxp, ect). Unlimited's only rule would be the hull started life as a pwc, any engine or propulsion allowed.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by _Lurker_ View Post
    Has there been any thought into rearranging the classes and adding one or two?

Maybe have a hybrid class and an unlimited class. hybrid would require a pwc hull, pwc pump, and pwc engine (This would be gprxp, ect). Unlimited's only rule would be the hull started life as a pwc, any engine or propulsion allowed.
    No more classes, we shouldn't have ever had them in the first place. Please let it go.

+1
    hell yea that ski is coming to the mudbug so i can ride it. well said by the way david. see all of you soon.

+1
    K......Well, if I have caused any issues with this by having classes let me know. I'll cancel the order if they have not already been put together yet. I thought it was a neat token for everyones hard work they put into their hobby/machines. People have put alot of time and money into this once a year event. Again, I thought it was a nice souvenir for them to show for their work.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information