Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 250x or 15f ??

+1

250x or 15f ??

buying a new ski on saturday 15F or 250x
    i posted on the other sites and no one actually replies

i know everything about both skis. which do you guys prefer ? i just cant beat the price on the 15f i am getting quoted for about 7200 for just the ski. i am thinking 1000 dollar riva rpm kit puts it at par in #'s with the 250 and it would be alot cheaper probably to maintain = less moving parts, etc etc. and still be well under the price of a 250

on the other hand I LOVE the green and white 08 250, its big, good on choppy water, alot of power of course, which i ride mostly in the ocean (miami beach) but its a gas guzzler also. weighs more than the 15f

just some opinions if you own either, i hear great things about the 15f's reliability........hmmmm

anyone, comments, input...???

well you hit the nail on the head...for reliable rec use and really nice on the budget the 15f is the ideal choice, 61-68 mph can be had with some bolt on parts and a few mods if you do your reading well, otherwise if your going to be riding offshore and you need something thats going to handle the chop the 250x would be a better choice, supercharger requires more mintenance and you'll have to read all the stories about the gas in the oil and make sure your BOV isn't leaking...but in the end I would ahve to say that the 15f is too good of a deal to pass up, but I'm obviously biased...

let us know what you decide...!

15f...

I have an 06 15F and love it. I put the Riva kit on the ski with the exception of the water box mod. It is a blast to ride. I ride mostly in the ocean also and that is where this ski shines. You will not be disappointed in the choice. If you ride on a lake and want to go 70 MPH in a straight line and impress everyone with how fast you can blow through a tank of fuel buy the 250...If you are jumping waves and doing long distance trips the choice and the economics make sense for the 15F.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    I have both, an 06 15f and an 07 250, If you want a ski for long trips and a little easier on fuel(they all guzzle fuel), the 15f is the ski for you and at the prices they are selling for, it would be hard to pass up, but if you are riding rough water most of the time, and want to be the fastest in your group in those condition, with hard acceleration, great rough water handling then Id go with the 250, after I get off my 250 and get on my 15f, even before my mods this winter its like getting out of a Corvette and getting into a Impala.

15f...

Impala...Please! In rough water the 15f is much more nimble and you can get out of sticky situations in 5 foot swells pretty easily. In lake chop I enjoy the weight and ride of the 250. I guess if you live in Tennessee and do not get to the ocean very much...That is your perspective. I am not saying either is better and they both have their niche but comparing the 15f to an impala is kinda harsh. I do agree with the 250 to the vette comparison though...

with the prices the way they are for these machines, its not even really a choice...I'd get the 15f throw the Riva kit at it, and now you have an awesome reliable machine that you can be proud of...when you get beat by a corvette with your impalla just ask him how much he paid to beat you by a couple lengths...

Hey Harry can it be an impala SS atleast...

Oh and welcome to the Hulk...!!!!

15f

same as the other guys, i love everything about my 15f. i think the 250 is too heavy, (over 150 lbs heavier that the 15f) but i did hear they got the GIO problem fixed in the 08's

BTW the new impala SS with the 5.3L is SWEET.

+1
    throw in the riva rpm kit and you will beat alot of stock ultra 250s the ones i raced gps 64.5-67mph mine with riva kit minus impeller and waterbox mod did 66.3 on gps i just ordered a impeller and i will be doing the waterbox mod so im hoping for upper 60s

I too have the 15F, and the 250x.. No way will the 15F keep up with the 250x in the ocean. Been there, done that plenty of times with my race partners. I would get smoked all day long! I do LOVE the 15F though, its a great hull, fun, sporty, but trust me, you wont be smoking any 250's....
    The 250x is the best ocean hull...You will smoke anyone on a PWC in the rough... Hands down. It does suck gas though, keep that in mind. Hummm... I seen a quote somewhere online here, buy your second ski first....I got my 250x 2nd.....

15F Pro's= Is the sports car of PWC's....I've ridden RXP's, they dont turn nearly as well as the 15F...Riva kit will get ya decent speeds on FLAT water, but the ocean is WAY different. Fuel is pretty good, 16 gallons will last you 65 minutes WOT..I also know this first hand. This is THE best deal on a ski you can currently buy. Easy maintenence, cheap to fill up, THEY DONT BREAK DOWN.....
    Cons: You wont be the fastest, and you wont be the fastest....

250x: PRO's you will be the fastest in the chop (if you can hold on long enough).
    CONS: SUCKS GAS, Possible GIO (07's), more expensive

Good luck.

+1

Talking

I bought the 15f in the blue i am so pumped gonna take her out tomorrow i am happy with my choice and i havent even ridden her.

dont have pics will try to get some up probly 2morrow after i ride but u guys know exactly what it looks like.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information