Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Can You Help Choose One?

I'm in the market for a new ski and have narrowed my choices down to three candidates - 1) FXHO 2) Honda F12X and 3) Kawasaki 15F. Now my needs are as follows - 1) RELIABILITY and I can't stress that enough 2) Fuel Economy and then 3)Speed. If it makes any difference I will be doing some or actually half my riding in Saltwater. I've been doing alot of reading and am just kindof stuck at the moment and need to be pushed in the right direction. Thank you all for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Waverunner Chump View Post
    I'm in the market for a new ski and have narrowed my choices down to three candidates - 1) FXHO 2) Honda F12X and 3) Kawasaki 15F. Now my needs are as follows - 1) RELIABILITY and I can't stress that enough 2) Fuel Economy and then 3)Speed. If it makes any difference I will be doing some or actually half my riding in Saltwater. I've been doing alot of reading and am just kindof stuck at the moment and need to be pushed in the right direction. Thank you all for your help.

Well if your priotorys are #1 Relibility, and #2 fuel economy. I would go with the Honda F12X. But it is lacking in the speed dept. I do own one and love it. I bought it for the relibility and fuel economy, It also rides well, but don't expect to stay dry, as it is a wet ride. But that is just part of riding a PWC!!!!

Doesn't the Honda use Premium?

I know this question sounds stupid and maybe it is, but I didn't realize that you had to use premium in it untill today, or does it?
    Last edited by Waverunner Chump; 04-11-2008 at 06:54 PM.

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Waverunner Chump View Post
    Doesn't the Honda use Premium?

I know this question sounds stupid and maybe it is, but I didn't realize that you had to use premium in it untill today, or does it?
    You listed speed as a priority and you are worried about feeding a ski premium?

93 is recomended but it will run on 87. I did a 70 mile trip with me and my wife (riding two) and used less than a 1/4 tank of fuel. It is very efficent if you do not run at WOT. For the above trip our advrage speed was 45-50 MPH and several WOT runs. Now speed is not all that great. Top speed is 61 on GPS.

Keep in mind that there is not a lot of aftermarket parts for the Honda. So making it much faster there is not a lot of options. It is a great cruiser, but lacking to be a performance ski. It dose handle well and is very stable, and comfy. Lots of room for gear also. And it dose a great job with pulling skiers and tubes!!

Quote Originally Posted by DarthAWM View Post
    You listed speed as a priority and you are worried about feeding a ski premium?
    Actually speed is after fuel economy but thanks for the putdown anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodneyae View Post
    93 is recomended but it will run on 87. I did a 70 mile trip with me and my wife (riding two) and used less than a 1/4 tank of fuel. It is very efficent if you do not run at WOT. For the above trip our advrage speed was 45-50 MPH and several WOT runs. Now speed is not all that great. Top speed is 61 on GPS.

I think 61 would be fast enough. I'm not looking to smoke everyone just be able to keep up with the majority of others and have a good time. I do think I'm leaning towards the Honda but If it was going to have to take premium is just another thing to think about overall.

93 is recomended, but the min. fuel requirment is 87. when using 87 it will retard the timing and cut the boost back to keep from damaging anything. According to Honda it is safe to run 87. I normaly run 93 but I have used mid and reg. with no issues. Hell it is only .20 cents a gallon to go from reg to prem. and at 15 gallons you are only looking at a differance of $3.00.

Hey Rodneyae, Thanks for talking to me about your experience. The Premium thing just kindof caught me off guard for a moment as I'm just trying to discover everything I can about these machines before I put down several thousand dollars for something I can't even test drive before I buy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information