Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

race between 07 vs. 08

Finally I had chance to compare two totally stock ultras...to compare them we race agains each other my self and my friend 07 vs. 08
    The reuslts:
    07 my ski (20 hr)
    top speed 63.7 mph GPS

08 my friend ski (7 hr)

Top speed 64.6 mph GPS

as you can see the differance is less that one mile, we swap the skis and got same results

I notice that 08 has almost same acceleration untill 35 mph after that he pass me about one ski lenght

the water tempreture was 70 F and it was rough and windy, ambient tempruture 86 F

guys I think you r lucky out there your stock ultra run 65 plus our run slower

don't ask me why..I'm still searching for a reason

I found a cause what may slow me dawn, my ultra still has the sticky plastic from day one of delivery I try to remove it but a big area is still covering the underneath of ski hull

I'm just guessing because his was clean no any remaing plastic
    dealer desplay piece mine come out of box to my trialer
    Last edited by sportman; 04-11-2008 at 01:09 PM.

Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1
    rough and windy maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by earthshaker View Post
    rough and windy maybe?
    I was carring 3 life jackets, drinks and food, he was not , does it make sense now
    Last edited by sportman; 04-12-2008 at 08:37 AM.

nope, still does not make sense.

Mine 07 was also a very slow one,63-64 with 2degree wedge!
    ride plate,air intake,exhaust and bov block off took it to [email protected]
    till this day i never found out why it sucked that much.sold it and in 2 weeks i am getting my 08.hope i get a fast one this year...

I have something in the back of my head,how did u break it in?

Quote Originally Posted by GODOSIDIS View Post
    Mine 07 was also a very slow one,63-64 with 2degree wedge!
    ride plate,air intake,exhaust and bov block off took it to [email protected]
    till this day i never found out why it sucked that much.sold it and in 2 weeks i am getting my 08.hope i get a fast one this year...

I have something in the back of my head,how did u break it in?
    I used to break my new engine using the yellow key to avoid any unlike extra movement of thrutle to be honest I used it only for 5 hr then I swap to orange one and push it to it's limints...the same now my friend having 08 and just get 1 mile more..where we ride is hot and humid and very high consetration of salty sea not like the died sea in Jordan but it's very salty I was thinking that the hot humid climet has a big effect and the densive salty water slow it down what do you think now does it make sense or not yet
    what about a sticky dealer plastic it's hard to remove it see the second picture to know what I mean
    Last edited by sportman; 04-12-2008 at 08:54 AM.

It seems apparent to me that high humidity is more of a speed killer than the hot weather. During the dog days of summer here in SC, we have very high humidity during July and August and really takes a toll on my ski.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorne1053 View Post
    It seems apparent to me that high humidity is more of a speed killer than the hot weather. During the dog days of summer here in SC, we have very high humidity during July and August and really takes a toll on my ski.
    what was your top speed during hot summer days?
    what about your acceleration? from 0 top speed ? in sec

Quote Originally Posted by sportman View Post
    I used to break my new engine using the yellow key to avoid any unlike extra movement of thrutle to be honest I used it only for 5 hr then I swap to orange one and push it to it's limints...the same now my friend having 08 and just get 1 mile more..where we ride is hot and humid and very high consetration of salty sea not like the died sea in Jordan but it's very salty I was thinking that the hot humid climet has a big effect and the densive salty water slow it down what do you think now does it make sense or not yet
    what about a sticky dealer plastic it's hard to remove it see the second picture to know what I mean
    Unfortunately i broked it in the exact same way.Mine was the slowest ultra in the area and i had serious GIO.Friends that broked it like they stole it were getting higher speeds and limited or no GIO.
    I sold it and will not make the same mistake with my 08...

Quote Originally Posted by GODOSIDIS View Post
    Unfortunately i broked it in the exact same way.Mine was the slowest ultra in the area and i had serious GIO.Friends that broked it like they stole it were getting higher speeds and limited or no GIO.
    I sold it and will not make the same mistake with my 08...
    what is the recommended way to break in these ultra engines ?
    I do not see major improvement in 08 to encorage me to sale my 07 and get 08 I rather hope to midify it..moreover I like the blue/silver color combination of 07 and 08 likely is the same if you do not have major problem of OIG , I tested 08 only what make me put a big and is the faster time for 08 to get from 35 mph to max speed I got there faster the acceleration for 07 in much harder below 35 mpr these are all personal observations sorry for 08 onwer not all ski are the same maybe some are faster that other regardes the year 07 or 08
    Last edited by sportman; 04-12-2008 at 12:14 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information