Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1

    RXT-X fastest acceleration to top speed

    I was just wandering what I should do with the VTS to get the fastest acceleration all the way up to the top speed. I know to put it all the way down for the launch, but what after that. And where do I put it for the best top speed, in chop, in glassy water?


  2. #2
    West Texas RXP skoepp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    west texas
    Posts
    12,019
    +1
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by EAG8999 View Post
    I was just wandering what I should do with the VTS to get the fastest acceleration all the way up to the top speed. I know to put it all the way down for the launch, but what after that. And where do I put it for the best top speed, in chop, in glassy water?
    My best top speed is one bar above 1/2 on trim. I show to loose a few mph when i trim all the way up in any condition.
    As far as chop, it is just ride preference. You just need to test for yourself in different conditions. The X grate has unbelieveable hook up in chop in any trim postion. so is more of a ride preference. To me in chop with trim up is a smoother ride. Good Luck

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Corpus Christi, Tx
    Posts
    105
    Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    My best top speed is one bar above 1/2 on trim. I show to loose a few mph when i trim all the way up in any condition.
    As far as chop, it is just ride preference. You just need to test for yourself in different conditions. The X grate has unbelieveable hook up in chop in any trim postion. so is more of a ride preference. To me in chop with trim up is a smoother ride. Good Luck
    + 1 Couldn't have said it better!

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    My best top speed is one bar above 1/2 on trim. I show to loose a few mph when i trim all the way up in any condition.
    As far as chop, it is just ride preference. You just need to test for yourself in different conditions. The X grate has unbelieveable hook up in chop in any trim postion. so is more of a ride preference. To me in chop with trim up is a smoother ride. Good Luck
    + 1 1/2 RXT-X mid point, RXP-X, 1-2 bars up mid point. I weigh 145 lbs.............Jammer 1

  5. #5
    Phil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Smith Mountain Lake, VA
    Posts
    1,428
    +1
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    To me in chop with trim up is a smoother ride. Good Luck
    I am experiencing similar findings on my T-X. I am also experiencing the T-X kind of floating around a lot. If I get any kind of wind, the ski slides to the left or right quite a bit. It is almost scary. Has this happened to you?

  6. #6
    West Texas RXP skoepp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    west texas
    Posts
    12,019
    +1
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    I am experiencing similar findings on my T-X. I am also experiencing the T-X kind of floating around a lot. If I get any kind of wind, the ski slides to the left or right quite a bit. It is almost scary. Has this happened to you?
    The ski seems to hunt a little but i think that is cause of the grate and the ski hooking up so much. Opas can make the ski feel like that in chop. As far as floating maybe you could say that with the trim up. I kinda like the way it feels with trim up somewhat for cruising. You loose speed but it sets that grate back and puts the rear end planted.
    As far as for top speed Jammer is correct on the T-X. The best is 1 bar above half to another click on trim. I have got my trim settings in both of those positions. Those are the ones that i need when WOT and cant see the trim because of glare.
    Set it for where ever you want for hole shot and then you got both of your best settings for hauling Axx.

  7. #7
    Phil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Smith Mountain Lake, VA
    Posts
    1,428
    +1
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    The ski seems to hunt a little but i think that is cause of the grate and the ski hooking up so much. Opas can make the ski feel like that in chop. As far as floating maybe you could say that with the trim up. I kinda like the way it feels with trim up somewhat for cruising. You loose speed but it sets that grate back and puts the rear end planted.
    As far as for top speed Jammer is correct on the T-X. The best is 1 bar above half to another click on trim. I have got my trim settings in both of those positions. Those are the ones that i need when WOT and cant see the trim because of glare.
    Set it for where ever you want for hole shot and then you got both of your best settings for hauling Axx.
    Thanks, I thought we screwed up the ski a little as we cut the hump out of the grate. But, I guess this floating effect is normal.. I just hope it doesn't hook! I am thinking that a good set of sponsons will correct the floating and keep the ski on track.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-03-2012, 06:18 PM
  2. RXP-X Loss of acceleration and top speed
    By laarben in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-31-2008, 03:15 PM
  3. Looking for more acceleration (not top speed) for a RXP-X
    By rx4pain in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-23-2008, 03:34 PM
  4. Acceleration vs. top speed
    By alias3r in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 03-25-2008, 10:51 PM
  5. Desparate to top speed test my "B" kit, but.....
    By BDNJ in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 04-05-2006, 06:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •