RXT-X fastest acceleration to top speed

I was just wandering what I should do with the VTS to get the fastest acceleration all the way up to the top speed. I know to put it all the way down for the launch, but what after that. And where do I put it for the best top speed, in chop, in glassy water?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by EAG8999 View Post
    I was just wandering what I should do with the VTS to get the fastest acceleration all the way up to the top speed. I know to put it all the way down for the launch, but what after that. And where do I put it for the best top speed, in chop, in glassy water?
    My best top speed is one bar above 1/2 on trim. I show to loose a few mph when i trim all the way up in any condition.
    As far as chop, it is just ride preference. You just need to test for yourself in different conditions. The X grate has unbelieveable hook up in chop in any trim postion. so is more of a ride preference. To me in chop with trim up is a smoother ride. Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    My best top speed is one bar above 1/2 on trim. I show to loose a few mph when i trim all the way up in any condition.
    As far as chop, it is just ride preference. You just need to test for yourself in different conditions. The X grate has unbelieveable hook up in chop in any trim postion. so is more of a ride preference. To me in chop with trim up is a smoother ride. Good Luck
    + 1 Couldn't have said it better!

+ 1 1/2 RXT-X mid point, RXP-X, 1-2 bars up mid point. I weigh 145 lbs.............Jammer 1

+1
    To me in chop with trim up is a smoother ride. Good Luck
    I am experiencing similar findings on my T-X. I am also experiencing the T-X kind of floating around a lot. If I get any kind of wind, the ski slides to the left or right quite a bit. It is almost scary. Has this happened to you?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    I am experiencing similar findings on my T-X. I am also experiencing the T-X kind of floating around a lot. If I get any kind of wind, the ski slides to the left or right quite a bit. It is almost scary. Has this happened to you?
    The ski seems to hunt a little but i think that is cause of the grate and the ski hooking up so much. Opas can make the ski feel like that in chop. As far as floating maybe you could say that with the trim up. I kinda like the way it feels with trim up somewhat for cruising. You loose speed but it sets that grate back and puts the rear end planted.
    As far as for top speed Jammer is correct on the T-X. The best is 1 bar above half to another click on trim. I have got my trim settings in both of those positions. Those are the ones that i need when WOT and cant see the trim because of glare.
    Set it for where ever you want for hole shot and then you got both of your best settings for hauling Axx.

+1
    The ski seems to hunt a little but i think that is cause of the grate and the ski hooking up so much. Opas can make the ski feel like that in chop. As far as floating maybe you could say that with the trim up. I kinda like the way it feels with trim up somewhat for cruising. You loose speed but it sets that grate back and puts the rear end planted.
    As far as for top speed Jammer is correct on the T-X. The best is 1 bar above half to another click on trim. I have got my trim settings in both of those positions. Those are the ones that i need when WOT and cant see the trim because of glare.
    Set it for where ever you want for hole shot and then you got both of your best settings for hauling Axx.
    Thanks, I thought we screwed up the ski a little as we cut the hump out of the grate. But, I guess this floating effect is normal.. I just hope it doesn't hook! I am thinking that a good set of sponsons will correct the floating and keep the ski on track.

Thread Information