Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Dealership Screws Up My New T-x!

Took my T-X to the dealership for the 10 Hr. service, and charging me $210, those clowns did not put the oil cap back on. After about a 15 min. ride the ski just died out in the water and had to swim it back in. That is when is discovered the oil cap off and oil all over the motor and inside the hull. The motor will start, but will not run. I am thinking it is limp mode, but no message every showed up. It's back at the dealership now and I told them I want a new ski. Do you think thats fair? How is one to know if the motor has been damage or not? WHAT TO ALL OF YOU THINK?

Sorry to here that Id be a real asshole to him
    Brand new ski He fucked it up Now he better do something

Good Luck

Tell him his dealership will get good exposure on this site.
    On all the stupid stuff they do.

Quote Originally Posted by williet View Post
    Took my T-X to the dealership for the 10 Hr. service, and charging me $210, those clowns did not put the oil cap back on. After about a 15 min. ride the ski just died out in the water and had to swim it back in. That is when is discovered the oil cap off and oil all over the motor and inside the hull. The motor will start, but will not run. I am thinking it is limp mode, but no message every showed up. It's back at the dealership now and I told them I want a new ski. Do you think thats fair? How is one to know if the motor has been damage or not? WHAT TO ALL OF YOU THINK?
    I think that sucks! I would be real nervous taking the ski back to them to fix what they screwed up. You know they will not just give you a new ski if they cannot get it fixed in a timely manner you will have to sue.

Who is the dealer?
    sorry to hear about your new ski, that blows...

Be sure to make a solid record of their mistake as the cause of the problem. Don't trust that they will acknowledge admit their error if doing so will cost them $ in repairs or a new ski. Right now the extent of the damage is unknown, so the $ involved is unknown. Now is the time to write a letter, return receipt/confirmation (you save a copy with proof of sending & receipt), expressing your concerns and recalling your conversation(s) on (date and approximate time) with _____ where they admitted and acknowledged that their service errors (list specifically) caused the specific problems you experienced and the return of the ski to the shop where _____ apologized to you and said they would fix the situation.

You will be better armed with something like that. Their failure to timely write you in disagreement will be an admission of fault/liability if it comes down to a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by williet View Post
    Which cap do you mean - the Oil Filler cap or the Oil Filter Cap?... Ron

The dealership is Gulf Coast Marine in Corpus Christi, Tx. It was the oil filler cap, it was off, just hanging on the oil filler tube by the plastic strap.

Dont judge me...
    i would take some pics of it too..... and get it to them asap... or someone else i should say.... looks like you are going to get a new motor out of this or a ski....or I would be....

willie, so much for the "world class service" sign above the door huh? the ONLY reason i got it from them is cause they had one and i didnt want to wait another 2 weeks for dales fun center in victoria to get one, do you talk to david at the desk when you go? cause ive already been round and round with him about stupid shit

I would think the dealer will take care of you and your ski.
    Remember anyone can make a mistake , even you when you forgot to do a pre-inspection under the seat before your ride.
    I would let them correct the mistake and make sure you have a record of the issue. But a new ski is asking to much , if the engine is damaged then asking for a new short block is reasonable for sure.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information