Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: fuel injectors

fuel injectors

does anyone know where i can get fuel injetors for my genesis my are giving trouble i have cleaned them out and they're still bearly leaking gas

+1
    How many pounds of pressure are you delivering to them during the test?
    How many volts are you delivering to open the injectors?

Sometimes you can find a local place that will clean, rebuild, and bluprint them. Check your loacal yellow pages.

Quote Originally Posted by ph2ocraft View Post
    How many pounds of pressure are you delivering to them during the test?
    How many volts are you delivering to open the injectors?
    how would i figure that out?

does anyone know how to take them apart?

+1
    DO NOT TAKE THOSE APART!!!! they are expensive to replace and that is what you will do if you monkey around with them. like mentioned what is your fuel pressure? did someone have these off recently? what year machine do you have? most DI boats came with a inline fitting to check fuel pressure with. If you do not have one you will need to install one and check pressure. it should be 20-30 psi when cranking/running. you will find most at 22-23 psi. these injectors need to be seated correctly in the head and the head must be free of any corrosion and the injector must be torqued to 18 ft lbs. if you overtighten the injector bolts you will ruin the spray pattern of the injector,crack the injector body,break the injector bolt off in the head. if the spray pattern is no good you could burn a cylinder down.
    also as mentioned you should have 22-25 vdc while cranking at the injectors and 44-46 vdc while running.

sounds like you might not have good fuel pressure or good voltage b/c those injectors do not work like a regular fuel injector. we need more information

Jay

Do these numbers also apply to my 2003 MSX 140? I am confused. You state 22-23 psi running/cranking. Then you say 22-25 VDC when cranking and 44-46 VDC when running. What is VDC and why is there mulptile numbers referenced?

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Koodat View Post
    Do these numbers also apply to my 2003 MSX 140? I am confused.
    You state 22-23 psi running/cranking.
    Then you say 22-25 VDC when cranking and 44-46 VDC when running. What is VDC and why is there multiple numbers referenced?
    PSI = fuel line pressure

The fuel pump is electric, powered by the 12 volt battery system. It must fully pressurize the fuel lines to the Ficht injectors, or the injectors cannot work properly. The fuel pump starts when the start button is pressed, so full fuel pressure should be available right away during starting.

Fuel pressure is measured at the Schrader type valve installed in the fuel line, using a fuel pressure gauge.

VDC = Volts Direct Current
    In this case, the measured voltage as delivered to the electrical connectors at the Ficht fuel injectors.

When starting, the electrical stator only puts out partial voltage, below the full 45 volts the system has when the engine is fully running. During cranking, the injectors need to get at least 22-25 volts in order to inject the fuel for starting.

The EMM engine computer compensates for the lower injector voltage during start, but as soon as it starts and the RPMs rise, the voltage to the injectors also needs to rise to the full 45 volts, or there won't be enough fuel injected to run the engine properly.

Injector voltage is measured using a multi-meter.

I presume you have downloaded the MSX 140 Polaris Service Manual.

Keep in mind that the Ficht injectors are very different from automotive injectors. Each Ficht injector is individually flow mapped, and the EMM is programmed for each injector, on each cylinder. You cannot swap injectors between cylinders without re-programming the EMM. Replacement of any injector requires the EMM to be updated with the flow mapping for the new injector.
    Last edited by K447; 04-14-2008 at 12:18 PM.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by polaris_man View Post
    ...I have cleaned them out and they're still barely leaking gas
    What did you do to clean them?

What do you mean they are leaking gas?

yes i cleaned them what abou the fuel rail should i clean that also and when i say leaking gas i mean instead of spraying they are just draining gas

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information