Thread: Bypass 15F dash

Bypass 15F dash

My dash has gone on the blink think that it has water in it and the boat is stuck in slow mode is there a way to bypass the dash to get off slowmode until i get a new dash???

Quote Originally Posted by pimpn View Post
    My dash has gone on the blink think that it has water in it and the boat is stuck in slow mode is there a way to bypass the dash to get off slowmode until i get a new dash???

I do not believe so, If the digital display is bad, you will need to either replace or find someone to get into the ECU and see if the slomode can be accessed. Do the guages still work cause that could be a problem not knowing if you're overheating or out of go go juice etc? Let me tell you that I have had some experiece with bad displays in my prior ski's.

Are you siiting down?

Kawi wants in the neighborhood of $1K for a new display. I about dropped. You will probablly want to find a known good salvage unit...Good luck. Let us know how you resolved it.

I have both the ECU and Dash I could sell to you cheap so you won't have to worry about going broke getting it running again. Let me know if you need these parts... mine are off a 2006 15f...

I switched to a standalone ECU.

Team N2L #112 *Monster 15FKawi*'s Avatar

Same Problem

Yeah Samething has just happend to my 08 15F..Its gone into Slo Mode and wont come out..Dash Gone Bad..or perhaps the ECU not to sure..

Im Thinking of going to a Stand Alone ECU also ?
    How does it work,really?
    and what's the cost of doing so?.?

would the 08 still be under warranty? i would have the dealer confirm and order ya one even you do not want yo use it .

would the 08 still be under warranty? i would have the dealer confirm and order ya one even you do not want yo use it .

double post so sorry got interrupted

Hi Buddy, I too have the same gauge not working/slo mode problem. I have checked the factory wiring diagram and it shows the speed sensor is wired straight to the gauge ( in ) and there is a speed out from the gauge to the ECU. Would joining these two wires work does anyone know, or worse cause any further damage, any help would be great. Or how do I find out about a standalone ecu ? many thanks steve

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    No I think it's rpm limited. Send me a pm and remind me and I'll post how to bypass it. It's pretty simple if I remember right.

Sean

Thread Information