Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 50
  1. #1

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Libertyville ILL
    Posts
    397

    Riva Ride plate and wedge

    Did a search on the subject and came away even more confused?? some really like the plate and the 2degree wedge and say it is the most fun to ride and some say its almost like taking your life in your own hands its so danderous .The common denomonator seems to be rought water and what we really consider rough water,so is two foot rolling swells considered rough or is it 8 inch chop? I ride on a lake while it does get choppy I'm shure its not like being in the ocean, so that said do I use the riva plate or use jims mod stock or jims mod riva and what about the wedge sorry but with all the talk last fall and the Ice comming off our lakes its time to review again my options.I ordered a riva and am thinking of sending it to jims for his mod.


  2. #2
    Beagleman62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    2,726
    +1
    64
    Install the Riva plate and also buy yourself a wedge. Run the plate with and without the wedge and see what you think. It's very simple to install and only takes about 15 minutes. The wedge will give you a little more speed with the Riva plate but it will take away some of the rough water characteristics of the 250X. I run my Riva plate without the wedge most of the time.
    Jimmy

  3. #3
    Livin on the Edge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Posts
    216
    +1
    7
    I've been running the Riva and the wedge since i got the plate. I have found running on the Fox River below Stratton Dam that when traveling at 35+mph and crossing a 20'+ boat wake that the pump grabs air for a second and you loose hook up. When riding hard on a Sunday afternoon this could make the difference in a race with an RXP. Since I live on the river, I have opted to keep the wedge on place since the majority of my riding is on smooth water. The wedge is easy to install and only cost $30 so I would buy one with the Riva plate and experiment. This spring, when the river comes out of flood stage, I plan to do back to back runs to determine how much speed I will loose with the removal of the wedge. Will keep everyone informed.

  4. #4
    wolftrader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Eagan MN
    Posts
    74
    +1
    1

    Wedge?

    Quote Originally Posted by Livin on the Edge View Post
    I've been running the Riva and the wedge since i got the plate. I have found running on the Fox River below Stratton Dam that when traveling at 35+mph and crossing a 20'+ boat wake that the pump grabs air for a second and you loose hook up. When riding hard on a Sunday afternoon this could make the difference in a race with an RXP. Since I live on the river, I have opted to keep the wedge on place since the majority of my riding is on smooth water. The wedge is easy to install and only cost $30 so I would buy one with the Riva plate and experiment. This spring, when the river comes out of flood stage, I plan to do back to back runs to determine how much speed I will loose with the removal of the wedge. Will keep everyone informed.
    When you guys are saying wedge, is that the 1 Degree or 2 Degree?

    Thanks,
    Steve

  5. #5
    Livin on the Edge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Posts
    216
    +1
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftrader View Post
    When you guys are saying wedge, is that the 1 Degree or 2 Degree?

    Thanks,
    Steve
    2 Degree

  6. #6
    wolftrader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Eagan MN
    Posts
    74
    +1
    1

    Riva and 1 degree

    Quote Originally Posted by Livin on the Edge View Post
    2 Degree
    Does anyone have experience with the Riva Ride Plate and the 1 Degree wedge? I'm wondering if that combination has any merit with respect to keeping some of the hookup characteristics.... ?

    Thanks,
    Steve

  7. #7
    rhorne1053's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Santee, S.C.
    Posts
    634
    Quote Originally Posted by Livin on the Edge View Post
    2 Degree
    +1
    I run the riva plate with the 2 degree wedge. Work great for me but I only do lake riding

  8. #8
    www.eastcoastpwc.net Scott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    7,992
    +1
    455
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorne1053 View Post
    +1
    I run the riva plate with the 2 degree wedge. Work great for me but I only do lake riding
    I ride the same combo too. I like it, but just removed the wedge to see if there is a difference.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Libertyville ILL
    Posts
    397
    already have the 2 degree wedge and R+D stuffer and block offs and valve cover BOs and exchaust bypass so I guess I will leave the wedge and see if its really all that Dangerous!!!!!!!I dont think I ever had a ski that didnt catch some air when crossing a wake hell my RXP cetches air in the pump with no wakesLOL

  10. #10
    rhorne1053's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Santee, S.C.
    Posts
    634
    Quote Originally Posted by BluUltra250x View Post
    I ride the same combo too. I like it, but just removed the wedge to see if there is a difference.
    If you don't mind please post your results here. I am curious to what affect it will have. Thanks

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. WTB Used riva ride plate and intake grate
    By amf133 in forum Yamaha Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-03-2010, 07:31 AM
  2. New Riva ride plate and open loop cooling kit now available part 2
    By Tiburon1264 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: 04-15-2010, 10:50 AM
  3. FS rxpx riva ride plate and x pump
    By stevorxp007 in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-30-2010, 11:18 AM
  4. New Riva ride plate and open loop cooling kit now available!
    By Green Hulk in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 393
    Last Post: 11-24-2009, 09:52 PM
  5. Ride plate and wedge add 3mph
    By 13xracing in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 02-24-2007, 07:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •