Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: rxp-x VS. R-12x

rxp-x VS. R-12x

Hey Guys,
    I put a couple of hours on my rxp-x this Sunday. Has anyone ridden both the rxp-x and r-12x.
    I wasn't that impressed with its turning, my Honda seems to handle way better? I like the additional power... Also when flushing on the trailer the ski's pretty loud - sounds like metal clanking around is that normal?
    Maybe it will take sometime to get used to..

I hate things that don't work! SearayEX12's Avatar
    The metal clanking noise is usual. The engine still needs to loosen up. Also I would put on the flame suit.

I'm kind of a big deal SeanCucf's Avatar
    the clanking is normal, but has nothing to do with the motor. the splines where the impeller and driveshaft meet "clanks" when there is no load (water) on the impeller.

not sure what you mean by turning. the honda may turn different and feel different. couldn't tell you if it was better, per se. you doing spinnys? or CC racing? some hulls turn better than others, but you try to go over 60 and you're in for a bad day. Others handle speed better and sacrifice in handling, it's a trade-off.

I had an old mustang that FELT faster than any other car on the road. The numbers told a VERY different story. all in all the butt dyno is not a very scientific tool.

all in all, you are comparing two completely different animals

apples to oranges

edit: why would he get flamed? He just stated how he felt.

I hate things that don't work! SearayEX12's Avatar
    I know its all personal preference, but it seems like anyone bashing the PX lately have gotten a little bit of back lash.

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by SearayEX12 View Post
    I know its all personal preference, but it seems like anyone bashing the PX lately have gotten a little bit of back lash.
    Yup. Watch your tongue!!

id be willing to take my px and someone on the r12 around the bouys, then we'll see what you say about the handling

stock units of course

+1
    Not a fair comparison...I actually feel sorry for Honda this year. I went to a boat show and they had a leftover R12X, is that the two-seater turbo? if so then that's the one...they had it for sale just over $9,000. Not sure what they go for but the guy says they haven't changed so it was a great price. To me if it hasn't changed then yes it might be a great price but bad news for Honda...they seem to have missed the boat (or PWC) on the power war. No one even talks about them and they weren't even in the comparisons that are online...in fact I forgot Honda made a watercraft until this post.

Quote Originally Posted by rx4pain View Post
    Not a fair comparison...I actually feel sorry for Honda this year. I went to a boat show and they had a leftover R12X, is that the two-seater turbo? if so then that's the one...they had it for sale just over $9,000. Not sure what they go for but the guy says they haven't changed so it was a great price. To me if it hasn't changed then yes it might be a great price but bad news for Honda...they seem to have missed the boat (or PWC) on the power war. No one even talks about them and they weren't even in the comparisons that are online...in fact I forgot Honda made a watercraft until this post.
    As sad as it sounds hes right hondas need to wake up its pwcs some.

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gtxscrider View Post
    As sad as it sounds hes right hondas need to wake up its pwcs some.
    YEah they have the R15x coming but at 200hp in 2009-2010 they may be 100 hp behind, kinda like now

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information