Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2007 C180

2007 C180

Ok here are the issues, first i know that the jet boats have a few electrical problems wen it comes down to the hour meter, my boat still says 2 hrs and its been way more than that. second 5600rpm @ 14mph limp mode? i think it may be the SC washers that are starting to go. third i have a 15/20 solas prop...it was running 6800-7000rpm at 38-40pmh would a 14/19 give it that extra rpm to push the boat to 39-40+?

There is a fix for the hour meter, the dealership just needs to load the latest software update... since it looks like you'll be going to the dealership anyway.

There isn't so much a period when the ceramic washers "start to go". Right before a washer goes, everything will be 100% fine, then the instant they go, your supercharger will no longer be producing boost and your RPMs won't be able to go over 6500 (this is aside from the symptom of starting to lose a little bit of boost, because the washers are slipping).

A 15/20 pitched prop is way, way, waaaaaay too tall for a stock C180. Even a 14/19 is a tad tall. The only person I know that has sucessfully run a 14/19 on a stock C180 lives waaaaay up in Canada, where the cold water and polar bear piss make the engines stronger than they would be in the states. I would recommend more like a 13/18, but a 14/19 is possible, with enough pitch taken out.

I'm sorry to say, but I think your SC washers took a dump. Like I said, the normal symptom of that would be to see an RPM of more like 6500, but I think in your case, with the engine only producing about 140hp without the supercharger AND trying to turn that huge 15/20, that is why you are only seeing 5600rpms.

DO NOT start the engine again! First thing to do is take off the air hose going into the supercharger, stick your finger in and feel if the SC impeller spins freely. I suspect it will, that means no clutch washers left. Put the hose back on, put the stock prop back on, and make an appointment with your dealer. There is a link on the left side of this page called "SC Clutch Failure", click it.

If, somehow, it doesn't spin freely, you've still got to get that 15/20 off there. Report back and we'll go from there.

thanks...that is what i waas thinking...but i just wanted to get a second opening...i hate those SC washers...it killed my RXP even with the new metal washers, had to redo the whole engine, what a waste

FYI.....I have a 2005 C180 which got many mods in the plan for next week or so, but for now all it has is Metal Washers, completely rebuilt S/C to 06-07 specs, DIY cold air intake+ conical filter, and i got a Solas 14/19 on it, the boat was running 47 mph stock, now it gets a slightly better holeshot, and i'd say it is around 49 mph now.

If you ever plan on switching back to a 14/19 let me know we might just make a trade together if you will...? Mine was just bought used from a member here but is in very good condition, (was slightly used) In few weeks i'll have all my mods all installed and might need to switch the 14/19 for a 15/20, in case you'd want to make a free trade with me.

I plan to add 42 pounds fuel injectors, RR High boost S/C wheel, an XS external intercooler, metal+silicon plumbing pipes, intake block off, remove the resonator to put a straight pipe on, and some few other goodies too, so it might be possible that i switch the 14/19 for a 15/20 depending on the results i will get.

I know the ice has just melted over the water now here, so it might still a bit too quick to determine if the 14/19 would not work for me, as when the water heats up a bit...i'll lose a bit power, so maybe my 14/19 and some pitch will do the job, anyway....let me know if you need to trade/sell it....i might just pick it up from you.
    Last edited by Jeepster; 04-16-2008 at 09:34 PM.

Jeepster, are you going to send him some polar bear piss too, so he can run that 14/19 in California?

That sounds good but that 15/20 came right out an RXP, i will need that prop back...or if you have a nice 3blade. i would love it. talking about 3blades how do does it run on the C180? and another thing the sunday when i was getting those low #'s the temp was arount the 100's not sure about the water temp, and elevation was at around 600-1k. as far as the intake goes, can i just put a regular 4" intake on it or do i have to run it around the boat somehow. i have a nice set up on the RXP, but i am switchin to the rear intake setup.

Polar bear piss....Nahhhh i keep that for my ride...!!!
    TOnight i have started my boat for the first time this year (it was stored for the winter...) Tomorrow my atermarket parts are going in it....including the Custom External intercooler also....just can't wait to tear that apart...and to put it again into the water...

Quote Originally Posted by VX1 View Post
    Jeepster, are you going to send him some polar bear piss too, so he can run that 14/19 in California?

Jeepster, I am anxiously awaiting your results. I have added a green wheel this winter without the intercooler and was running a 14/19 last year with great results. I want to see how much more you have on me with the intercooler and no resonator. If they prove significant I will be following your lead.

As soon as i get results i'll let you know.
    I expect i may have to pitch the 14/19 a bit in order to stay out of the rev limiter.....we will see.

Last week i upgraded the audio system in it, tonight i started wrenching in it...started by purging the fuel line, removing the stock fuel injectors in it, and installing the 42 pounds in......then switched to struggling to remove the stock intercooler from the [email protected]#$%$%!#....pain in the ass on a C180....absolutely need to unbolt the plastic intake manifold as the OEM intercooler could not clear the gas tank in any way...anyway....DONE...! Removed the intake mani, tilted it, removed and plugged the OEM intercooler location with 4tecperformance billet plug (siliconed it) and then proceed to re-install the intake mani in place and torqued on the engine....(finally).

Then i removed the exhaust resonator, and replaced it by a bypass straight pipe, i then proceeded to remove the entire water box to make room to remove the supercharger, then i completely torn away the supercharger to parts (it wa supgraded last year to 06-07 specs by a complete rebuilt kit from Jerry) it also have the Riva 06-07 metal washers in it, so after 20 hours i double checked that everything was right....GOOD...and then removed the stock Impeller fan to replace it with the Rotax Racing High Boost one....DONE....supercharger is drying on my workbench as i sprayed it in primer and black paint (it was a red one).

Tomorrow, i reinstall it there....re-install the exhaust muffler and pipes, then proceed with the external intercooler installation....then saturday if everything turns out right...IT SHOULD BE ON THE WATER...!!!

Ice had sunk on the local lake here, so the boat will be on the water for his first test ride....looking forward for fun...!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information