Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Front engine mount and Mod ???

"Green Charger" 10 psi Supercharger Impeller

$405.00 $405.00

RIVA Ceramic Hybrid Supercharger Bearings For 4-Tec's (Set)

$149.95 $149.95

RIVA Metal Clutch Washers for 06-07

$109.95 $109.95

Piranha-Parts Solid Front Engine Mount

I've already installed larger intake, SS wear ring and 14/19 prop so after the above am I done with turn Key mods???? Do I need the solid front mount and is this the right one for my 07 215hp Speedster? Thanks

+1
    Yes, that's the right one! Stock IC = Stock Injectors = You are fine to turn your key and ride with the new s/c impeller!

Thanks, but I'm trying to find out if this is the right engine mount and is it worth messing with and is it worth changing out the bearings?

+1
    Yes, it's the right engine mount. What bearings are you talking about? Supercharger ceramic bearings? It's not worth it in my opinion. The mount is worth it in that the engine won't flex as much therefore your stainless steel wear ring should last longer.

+1 about the ceramic bearings being unecessary.

I would not use a SS wear ring without the solid engine mount. Sux to have to change the stock mount out, but unless you do, your prop will get as much wear as your plastic wear ring used to.

What is the advantage to adding a ss prop ring?

Quote Originally Posted by atom1234 View Post
    Tighter clearance giving you less cavitation (cleaner stream of water propelling you forward). But the real reason and what you will notice is that a small piece of debris will not cause grooves in the plastic ring causing the above problem.

Quote Originally Posted by VX1 View Post
    +1 about the ceramic bearings being unecessary.

I would not use a SS wear ring without the solid engine mount. Sux to have to change the stock mount out, but unless you do, your prop will get as much wear as your plastic wear ring used to.
    Why no to the bearings I'm convinced I don't need them just curious? Two solid mounts available I can only assume the only difference is manufacture and price? Any thing else to add about the mount change making it easier (link) I have no problem turning a wrench

Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by atom1234
    It doesn't get eaten away like a plastic one, but on the other hand, it doesn't eat props either. My first wear ring only lastest 10 hours before it was shot, so I knew I wasn't going to spend my life changing wear rings. At the time, I didn't realize how important the solid front engine mount would be though. I suppose you could put in the mount and stay with the plastic rings, and they'd last a whole lot longer than before. One advantage to the SS ring is you'll chew through weeds and debris a little better than with the plastic one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Original ring.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	246.9 KB 
ID:	67799  

Quote Originally Posted by Mandoo
    Why no to the bearings I'm convinced I don't need them just curious? Two solid mounts available I can only assume the only difference is manufacture and price? Any thing else to add about the mount change making it easier (link) I have no problem turning a wrench
    I've just seen more catastrophic failures on here with the ceramics, than with the stock ones, and there's a bunch more people running the stock ones. The couple of stock bearing failures I've heard of had high hours on 'em. Stick with stock and change them out every 100 hours.

Pinanha mount is fine. There was a discussion about the RR mount being 1mm lower than stock, perhaps to compensate because it won't squish down like the stock one, but I didn't notice my stock mount squishing down under the weight of the engine. The stock mount seems as solid as the solid mount to me, but I do know I have much less prop wear now. Best tip on changing the mount that I can give is to have four pieces of 2"x4" that you can wedge around the engine so it doesn't move when you swap out the mounts. Be prepared that it sux-ass trying to reach the bolts on the mount.
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ne+mount+solid

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information