Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    I hate my sea-doo. I hate it, I HATE IT!!!

Giving up on my sea-doo.

Well I have had it with my RXT. I had everything working perfectly all weekend, and then BOOM. My compressor wheel exploded. Here is what I think happened. I somehow injested water into my intake which slowly began to weaken blades until finally a few blades broke off. This imbalance at high rpms caused my rear bearing to fail. Then the wheel began to hit the housing until it blew itself to pieces. Thus the end of my weekend. Thankfully all of the ceramic balls are still inside the supercharger and I dont have to pull the motor again for the forth time. My solution is to fix it and trade it in. I have spent over $2000 in the past 2 months on this thing. I will be putting a green wheel, new ceramic bearings, and new front housing to rebuild the supercharger. (With new seals of course.) Anyone know the approxemet value of an 05 RXT with 56 hours? I just dont want the hassle anymore.

You mean you think? you blew the Supercharger impeller blades off? I have never heard of that, or seen it, post some pics!!!

Sorry to hear about your problems man... Good luck with everything and hope your not giving up for good!

+1
    wouldnt that blow a ton of stuff into the tb and intake housing?? how long did you run it while the SC was shredding itself???
    and what about bearing and other crap worn off the shaft, doesnt that go into the engine the other way???? via oil passages etc.

Quote Originally Posted by lextoy View Post
    wouldnt that blow a ton of stuff into the tb and intake housing?? how long did you run it while the SC was shredding itself???
    and what about bearing and other crap worn off the shaft, doesnt that go into the engine the other way???? via oil passages etc.
    Lex, he might get lucky and all he needs is a whole Super Charger complete unit....if you call that lucky? He needs to make sure nothing got inside the engine. Pictures would help.

I would post pictures if I knew how. The entire situation occured very quickly, about 3 min of riding. I currently own a Yamaha GP1300R, and an FX HO, so I am not getting out completely. Just tired of Sea-Doo. I want another Yamaha.
    No damage was done to the shaft because it was still riding on the other bearing. Plus all bearings are still contained within the supercharger. I am running an external intercooler so it collected alot of the big stuff that would otherwise be injested by the engine. Many of the broken blades were actually in the intake tube, not the boost tube where I would expect.
    Last edited by TDIx4; 04-16-2008 at 02:09 PM.

if a rxp supercharger is the same check with joe at 727 488 5353,, he is parting out a rxp

I'm kind of a big deal SeanCucf's Avatar
    you got something larger than water drops in there. someting more solid too.......like zip ties for instance...

Last edited by SeanCucf; 04-16-2008 at 04:05 PM.

I'm kind of a big deal SeanCucf's Avatar
    on second thought, a bearing failure would easily cause a touchdown too.

That could be why the blades blew off. When the bearing failed, the wheel smacked the housing. How did zip ties get in the supercharger?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information