Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Stage 2+ 2005 Sportster 215

This thread will document the modifications done to a 2005 Sportster 215. The following mods are being put on the boat:

X Charger
    XS Intercooler (Jfizzle kit)
    Groco Strainer
    RRFPR
    15/20R Prop
    Resonator delete
    Custom 4 inch Intake (somefun design)

We expect to be ready for testing this weekend. I will post updates. Still waiting on a couple parts to get here. Last night we installed the RRFPR, took the stock supercharger off, resonator off, got the pump off, and got hoses, waterbox, intake and all that mess out of the way. Thursday X Charger and XS Intercooler will go on. I'll post pictures Thursday.

fun starts now

ciao Jim

Cant wait to see!

nice

+1
    Update - All parts are installed and everything was tested phase 1 on the hose. No leaks at this point, but once in the water and underway it could be different so tomorrow will be the real water test.

Stock charger (odd because this came out of an 05 boat, looks like an 04 charger??) vs X Charger

4inch air intake setup - we need to order another 90 degree 4 inch elbow to get the filter off the bottom of the boat so no water can get in.

RRFPR installed

Engine bay with XS Intercooler, 4inch air intake, no resonator, and X-Charger installed

This was a quick turn-around project. My buddy decided to do all of this last weds and that is when we started ordering every part we needed. Work for around 4 hours Tuesday night, 5 hours thurs night, and finished it off today with the prop install and air intake. About 10 hours total for everything. The fitting and placement of the intercooler was the hardest. I expected the stock intercooler removal to be hard and I was told the intake manifold had to come off. Manifold didn't have to come off and the stocker just popped right out, took 2 minutes. RRFPR install was easy. External intercooler is the biggest pain by far.

I will post results of the water test tomorrow. Hoping for some big gains!

I cant wait ,goodluck. I have an 08, deciding which mods to do

+1
    Tested the boat today. Acceleration is amazing, however, the stock 15/20R is all over the limiter. ECU is pulling timing like crazy up top.

how much does a boat and mods like this cost in the end? Im just curious

Perhaps I told you the manifold had to be loosened to remove the stock IC. I wonder if the gas tank is positioned or shaped differently in the '05, cause mine is just inches in front where that slides out; I had to take it out several times and wished I could skip that step, but could only get it half way out before hitting the gas tank.

On the RPMs, have you considered an adjustable venturi nozzle? The GTX/RTX one should fit. I got a used 83mm GTX-SC nozzle to test against the 84mm stocker, and I'll see how that works if my Rude ever comes back (4 weeks and counting).

Quote Originally Posted by Rampage
    how much does a boat and mods like this cost in the end? Im just curious
    A new Sportster/Speedster 150 is about $17K, but you could easily find an '05 out there for $11K. The mods, since only one engine and the same engine as the skis, are exactly what they'd be on a ski. Looks like he's got $2500 more in this boat. I've got a good $7000 extra in mine, if you count depth finder, bimini, stereo, along with the performance parts.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information