Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

94 xp 650 with unknown performance parts questions

i just picked up a very clean 94 xp 650 for 1500 with a double trailer. I was looking through the papers he had on it and found where aftermarket parts where installed. The list......

R&D pro flow flame arrestor kit
    Vortex flame arrestor w/bracket...the r&d took its place.
    primer kit...not performance but added.
    westcoast head w/domes.....im guessing this raised my compression too..what octane should i run?
    westcoast dove tail...i dont even know what this is?
    skat trak impeller 13/21.....what will this help..hook up? top speed?

somebody hand written that the hp should be 95hp and a gain of 3 to 4 mph...

+1
    The octane is hard to tell if you don't do an compression test. As far as I understand at stock you can use regular gas. i would use in your case premium gas to avoid detonation. But if it's really high you must run race gas (ouch!! exspensive) Also make sure that the aftermarket flame arrestor uses the bracket that lays between the cylinderhead and the carbs. if this isn't present you really want to place them because without this bracket you get a chance that you manifold can crack. The "dove tail" is the intake grate. They really help your craft to hook up in rough water. I actually like the R&D aquavine more, but it will do. The impeller helps you with the hook up with less cavitation and helps you in the low end and top end. I recomend you change the sponsons too on those craft. I used to have an 95 XP with the 720 engine in it and the sponson swap from stock to an set of beach house was an difference like night to day. Congrats on you purchase and have fun with it. I really like the older X-4 hull better then the newer XP's hulls. Nice "playfull" craft.
    Last edited by aruba yamaha; 04-16-2008 at 06:49 PM.

+1
    The carbs should have new jetting if they have flame arresters on them. Make sure this was done before you blow it up.

You will need to do a compression test to see what compression the head is. There are different domes for different compressions. Chances are it is around 180 psi in which case you will want to use 93 octane. With the price of gas, you might want to find a stock head for it.

The Westcoast Dovetail is an intake grate which will help with hook up in rough water conditions, yet scrub a tiny amount of speed in flat water.

The 94 XP was 80 hp, and the mods described won't bump it quite as high as 95 hp, maybe 85 hp.

If you have access to a handheld GPS, you can find your real top speed.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Quote Originally Posted by 785xp View Post
    The carbs should have new jetting if they have flame arresters on them. Make sure this was done before you blow it up.

You will need to do a compression test to see what compression the head is. There are different domes for different compressions. Chances are it is around 180 psi in which case you will want to use 93 octane. With the price of gas, you might want to find a stock head for it.

The Westcoast Dovetail is an intake grate which will help with hook up in rough water conditions, yet scrub a tiny amount of speed in flat water.

The 94 XP was 80 hp, and the mods described won't bump it quite as high as 95 hp, maybe 85 hp.

If you have access to a handheld GPS, you can find your real top speed.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

180psi...dang...all i know is that the guy i bought it from has had it for 6 years and bought it from the guy that did these things to it. Way back in 1996. With that said would the carbs need to be jetting again? since thats been 12 years ago.

+1
    If it had flame arresters on that long, chances are the jetting is fine. You will want to open up the carbs anyways to replace the little internal filters. While in there, you might as well document the jets and compare them to stock.

You can also do a search on "tempo" fuel line. It is the grey Seadoo fuel line that needs to be replaced. It goes bad over time and will gum up the filters in your carbs to the point of blowing up an engine.

thanks! im going to look into it today. Also can i block off the oil injection system? Do you recomend it? I know more about yamahas...so

also is that impeller a good pitch for daily riding

i just checked the compression on both cyl and they are 165 on both sides. What octane can i use?

+1
    What make of compression gauge were you using?

Check out this site for impellor recommendations. Remember that your ski is "stock", not limited or modified.

http://www.impros.com/charts/skat_seadoo.html

What type of Skat prop do you have? Slimline or Swirl?

Once you use a GPS to get your top speed. Once you know your baseline, you can compare it to others with the same ski.

Quote Originally Posted by 785xp View Post
    What make of compression gauge were you using?

Check out this site for impellor recommendations. Remember that your ski is "stock", not limited or modified.

http://www.impros.com/charts/skat_seadoo.html

What type of Skat prop do you have? Slimline or Swirl?

Once you use a GPS to get your top speed. Once you know your baseline, you can compare it to others with the same ski.
    Actron. i got it from sears. Its the professional kit. It was on a cold engine also. I dont know which type the impreller is. Guess i will find out when i ride it and how it feels. Its been on there for 12 years so i guess it okay for riding.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information