Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

CHECK Engine!!??

So i got a check engine light on my RXT and i brought it in after i already paid $500 to have other service done to it, and they say I might need a new NOX sensor. He said its hard to tell if its the Nox sensor but something i can try is put HIGH test fuel in like super + and let it run for about 10 -15 minutes and see if the light comes back on. If it does then i more then likely need a new NOX sensor.????

Is this true? i know nothing about NOX sensors.
    Please Help

What does the Fault code say?

Did your dealer put it on the BUDS system? It could be a water temp sensor in the waterbox, the oil pressure sensor or the oil pressure separtor sensor, you really need to have the ski on the buds system to find the problem!!

+1
    Do you mean Knock sensor. Here is an explantion of a Knock sensor

Commonly mounted on an engine block or cylinder head, it produces an output voltage in proportion to the engine vibrations caused by knock. When knock is present on the sensor signal, the engine control module (ECM) controls knock by retarding spark timing, or diesel injection timing.
    Do these motor have Knock sensors?

Yes, Yes they do.

You might have gotten some water in the gas, put some drygas in it and some cam II race Fuel

+1
    NOX? That is the abbriviation for nitrogen oxides. There is no sensor for Nox. Theres not even an O2 sensor in the ski? Not sure what the tech is refering to.

The knock sensor senses detonation or preignition of fuel in the cylinder and retards the timing until the engine stops detonating ("knocking"). The sensors are usually located in the top of the head of the engine. I am not familar with a seadoo engine yet so I can't tell you what to look at. Also it may be possible too that the bolt that holds the sensor has become loose. The sensor is there to sense excessive vibration so to speak and adjust the timing accordingly. You most like did get some bad fuel or water in the gas. I would try drygas and good fuel before letting the meatheads at the dealer charge you an arm and leg for something you may not need.

Kiwi spanner handler
    +1
    I have replaced 1 faulty knock sensor before they are mouted on the side of the mtor under the intake manifold next to dipstick tube.

Geez lois guys, you guys are really gonna confuse the poor guy asking for help listen to WMF. he's right, that mechanic should have hooked it up to the "BUDS SYSTEM" .....and YES we have a "Knock Sensor on the 4-Tec engine.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information