+1

racing fuel question

i have a 99 951 xpl built for stock class what is the bext racing fuel to use? i here people telling me to get ms 109 to mix one gallon of that with 4 gallons of 91...and people also tell me to just run straight 100 wat will work the best?

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rxp127 View Post
    i have a 99 951 xpl built for stock class what is the bext racing fuel to use? i here people telling me to get ms 109 to mix one gallon of that with 4 gallons of 91...and people also tell me to just run straight 100 wat will work the best?
    It really depends on your compression ration, if you need 100 octane fuel then buy 100 (or mix if you can't get straight 100) I have heard the octane rating of aviation gas is not as consistent as racing or even standard automotive fuels.

+1
    Av gas uses a different octane rating.

Mix chart.
    Attached Files Attached Files

If if is truely stock class legal, then you shouldn't need race fuel. In fact, the higher octane will hinder performance. Trust me, I found this out at Havasue in 2000, when everyone was saying that the local pump gas was failing the lead test in tech. I went with VP and my ski (stock class Pro 785) ran like crap. Tried re-jetting and all and it still performed poorly.

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Quote Originally Posted by racer114 View Post
    If if is truely stock class legal, then you shouldn't need race fuel. In fact, the higher octane will hinder performance. Trust me, I found this out at Havasue in 2000, when everyone was saying that the local pump gas was failing the lead test in tech. I went with VP and my ski (stock class Pro 785) ran like crap. Tried re-jetting and all and it still performed poorly.
    I agree. Two strokes running low compression don't need higher octane, and using it in this application will confirm.

Test it yourself: Go to the lake with a low tank of 87 octane, make a pass and record your max rpms with a digital tach. Siphon out the rest, dump in the race gas and make some passes.

Thread Information