Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

08 titanium washers any better than steel?

any problem using 08 titanium washers on an 06 SC? The ski I'm looking at is in for service and I'm thinking if i get it just have them change out the ceramics. Depends on cost. If I dont, then i'll pull it and send it to Jerry of course.

Just wondering if any advantage to titanium over riva steel washers...dealer doesn't carry the riva. If i get it, this is the first and last time it'll be at the dealer for anything except maybe a buds diagnostic.

Jerry do you carry the titanium?

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    The washers are only coated, Riva used to coat their but stopped due to longevity issues.

+1
    We have been the titanium coated washer route 2 years ago. They glaze over and slip prematurely. The bare metal washers are the way to go.

Sea Doo does not sell just the 08 titanium coated metal washers nor would they fit the 06 clutch/shaft assembly. They only sell the complete rebuild kit of which i do carry.

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=763

i've run the coated and uncoated metal washers from what ive seen i get less wear on my s/c parts with the coated washers never had a problem with them slipping they have a 100 hrs on them now and the washers show no wear just check the slip and it was still on after 30 hrs of use from last summer on my gtx turning 8000 + r's. now i just took apart my rxp s/c with uncoated metal washers 2 hrs on new rebuild kit and metal washers and it shows a lot of wear on the metal washers for only 2 hrs of use. from now on i'm going to run the coated washers. + the s/c i had on my rxp befor i bought this had metal washers and we were always shimming it befor it blew apart i think uncoated metal will produce more wear

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    OT: With the XCharger would it just be a good idea to get rid of the coated washers before even running it?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by yellow jacket View Post
    i've run the coated and uncoated metal washers from what ive seen i get less wear on my s/c parts with the coated washers never had a problem with them slipping they have a 100 hrs on them now and the washers show no wear just check the slip and it was still on after 30 hrs of use from last summer on my gtx turning 8000 + r's.
    If you were running 8500 RPM's with a larger heavier impeller (Rude, X, etc) it would be an entirely different story.

We all used to use coated washers and we all learned our lessons from it.

Did you use a micrometer to measure wear on your non coated washers and compare it to a new set or were you just looking at the swirl marks on it and thinking it was wear?

Your coated washers will have black glazing in a swirl pattern i assure you.

titanium is only good on a hard surface if it is used in a dry enviroment. Once a type of oil comes in contact with the Titanium it begins to wear the Titanium oxide off.

Same with Titanium Drill Bits "No Oil or Cutting Oil"

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by superblownrxp View Post
    titanium is only good on a hard surface if it is used in a dry enviroment. Once a type of oil comes in contact with the Titanium it begins to wear the Titanium oxide off.

Same with Titanium Drill Bits "No Oil or Cutting Oil"
    This man makes a lot of sence

I'm way behind because I'm a newbie to Seadoo's, but can anyone post a pic of the washers and where they are located on a ski? I've been doing alot of reading of threads and just trying to get acqainted with where everything is.

+1
    Here's a pic from the online store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information