+1

spring trouble....ADVISE NEEDED

Hey all

i was wonder if anybody else had any other throughts on this matter. 2007 seadoo rxp...new battery....12.6 volts on meter....fuses all check out fine...at least the ones that i can check.....tried both keys....still no beeps....gauges come up...then fade out....fuel pump runs...no clicks when i press the start button.......any thoughts out there??

i really dont want to take this to the dealer....

Cheers

KD

It could be a bad wiring harness, a bad dess post or a bad ECM, you really need to take it to your Sea Doo Dealer to find the problem.

Banned User

Check all you fuses

Pull your fuses and check each one.. can't hurt each season

+1
    volts dont tell the whole story. A bad cell can pull down the cca enough to do this. Jump it with a car battery but only once and with the engine off. Small car.. slight risk of damage to rectifier (if they have one) if too many cca's.

check your grounds. easiest way to test if your battery is faulty is clip a volt meter on the terminals and try starting it when your hit the button the battery voltage should not drop that much. if it drops less then 8 volts you may have a bad battery.
    After all that is checked, I would turn my attention to the connections. Your machine needs the gauge cluster to work. there are 2 components that are needed on the 07 to work your machine gauge and ecm. years past they needed 3 gauge ecm and mpem. So with that said your gauge fading out like that tells me that you have either a bad ground to the gauge or the connection to your gauge is corroded. take your top glove compartment out and inspect. the gauge is a little tricky to get out with out breaking the trim ring. but just pull the connection and inspect for corrosion. if none there it may be down on your ecm connection. NOTE: the pins and there connectors are very fine so do not poke a larger object in the female side or you may ruin the connector.

+1
    thanks for all the tips guys........after trying all that was said.......i still have no luck......so to the dealer i go!! bah!!

thanks again

cheers

K

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dav_dman View Post
    volts dont tell the whole story. A bad cell can pull down the cca enough to do this. Jump it with a car battery but only once and with the engine off. Small car.. slight risk of damage to rectifier (if they have one) if too many cca's.
    This IS your problem, screw the volts, it's AMPERAGE....use the car batt (don't start the car and u will hurt nothing), and unless your dealers name is shibby or Bruce, let them screw up someone else's ski

Thread Information