Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Water in Hull?

Water in Hull?

I have water that is seeping in my 1300r '03 after every time out. I've sealed along the rail and can't determine where it might be coming from. This has always been a problem, but a little more cautious because of the throttle bodies that I now have. Any ideas?

+1
    Id say back trailer in the water and see if you can see water coming in or put some water in ur hull sitting on the trailer and see where the water comes out. Just alittle bit of water. just a thought

I had this problem also last season. Since I have redone everything, even the motor, so I hope the problem is gone.

Last season though I tried all sorts of stuff to find the water. I even filled up the hull with water to the point it was almost going to get into the motor. Nothing leaked out the bottom or the pump area. Never figured it out. I am almost sure it was leaking slightly at speed through where I did the pump tunnel reinforcement. I have since added a ton of 5200 around the area and I will be redoing my pump shoe after break in.

If you happen to find your leak let us know. I am sure 50% of us have a mystery leak of some sort.

(put some water in ur hull sitting on the trailer and see where the water comes out.)

Thats how i found my leak a while back. Sometimes it take a while to leak out but if your leak is on the bottom of the hull somewhere mr gravity will show you the leak...
    Ross

if you have had any bolts out you may need to re seal around them.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bajaeater View Post
    Id say back trailer in the water and see if you can see water coming in or put some water in ur hull sitting on the trailer and see where the water comes out. Just alittle bit of water. just a thought
    If you tilt the trailer back on the rideplate you can get a lot more water in the hull without being close to the motor. The more water the more pressure. Use caution as to not damage the nozzle or plate tho.

+1

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    If you tilt the trailer back on the rideplate you can get a lot more water in the hull without being close to the motor. The more water the more pressure. Use caution as to not damage the nozzle or plate tho.
    +1

I finally found the leak in my wifes 06 this weekend. I had it sitting on the standwith quite a bit of water in it and it wasnt leaking, but when I raised the front of the ski it started leaking around the steering cable "grommet" that runs through the transom.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffsntx View Post
    +1

I finally found the leak in my wifes 06 this weekend. I had it sitting on the standwith quite a bit of water in it and it wasnt leaking, but when I raised the front of the ski it started leaking around the steering cable "grommet" that runs through the transom.

Did you tie it to the stand this time???

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Did you tie it to the stand this time???
    My skis are ALWAYS tied down to the stand after my last mishap.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information