Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

On the Fence about picking up an 07 RXP

I have a pretty good deal in place to replace my 01 Kawi Ultra 150 with an 07 RXP.

It's from a dealer, in mint condition with 21 hrs and includes the remainder of the extended warranty.

As much as I love the edgy feel of my Ultra (you need to pay attention to ride it fast) I think I'm ready to move on from the carbed 2 smoker engine and into the world of the 4 strokers.

I asked the dealer about the ceramic washers. They acknowledged that there is potential for failure, but the main reason behind it is rough water skis that see the pump sucking up lots of air while the throttle is pegged (I guess the loading/unloading of the pump causes allot of SC clutch abuse). I ride 99% of the time in fairly calm lakes and thus he said I can monitor the slip and I should be ok with the ceramic washers until it's time to replace them. Basically saying there's an easy way to keep an eye on them so that they're swapped out long before risk of destruction is there.

I'd prefer going with the metal washers right off the bat, but the dealer isn't willing to swap em out as part of the deal. I've no interest in paying for him to do it (the price difference to upgrade is already more than I wanted to spend). As such, is there a step by step for replacing the washers myself. I have no fear of taking this job on myself if it falls under the normal, do it yourself category.

Opinions?

Thanks,

Jerry D

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry D View Post
    I have a pretty good deal in place to replace my 01 Kawi Ultra 150 with an 07 RXP.

It's from a dealer, in mint condition with 21 hrs and includes the remainder of the extended warranty.

As much as I love the edgy feel of my Ultra (you need to pay attention to ride it fast) I think I'm ready to move on from the carbed 2 smoker engine and into the world of the 4 strokers.

I asked the dealer about the ceramic washers. They acknowledged that there is potential for failure, but the main reason behind it is rough water skis that see the pump sucking up lots of air while the throttle is pegged (I guess the loading/unloading of the pump causes allot of SC clutch abuse). I ride 99% of the time in fairly calm lakes and thus he said I can monitor the slip and I should be ok with the ceramic washers until it's time to replace them. Basically saying there's an easy way to keep an eye on them so that they're swapped out long before risk of destruction is there.

I'd prefer going with the metal washers right off the bat, but the dealer isn't willing to swap em out as part of the deal. I've no interest in paying for him to do it (the price difference to upgrade is already more than I wanted to spend). As such, is there a step by step for replacing the washers myself. I have no fear of taking this job on myself if it falls under the normal, do it yourself category.

Opinions?

Thanks,

Jerry D
    Just buy it, yank the charger and send it to Jerry and let him swap to metals for ya. $150 and done deal!

I would try to find out if the washers have all ready been replaced. If they have walk away.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by julrich View Post
    I would try to find out if the washers have all ready been replaced. If they have walk away.

If they were replaced with metal ones before the ceramics blew, then he's fine...

Buy it, send the SC to Jerry or change them yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    If they were replaced with metal ones before the ceramics blew, then he's fine...
    He said the dealer would not replace the ceramic with metal ones!

Whats the price

That tells all !!!!!!

Price

It's in Canada keep that in mind.

price is $11,800 for a ski with 21 hrs on it. And BEST warranty coverage.

I bought a pair of 07's last month, an RXP and a RXT. Demos, with extended warranties, for a couple grand less than that each. Just a couple hours across the border too.

For that much money, you can buy a new one on the US side.

+1
    Why not cross the border and buy 1 for new?

Here is an example of the prices you can get in the USA. Mind you the place where I buy mine from will let you take it out the door for the advertised price if you just play a little hardball. No jacking the price up 2k for fees and taxes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sale.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	435.8 KB 
ID:	68128  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information