Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

took the RXP out today after winter mods!!

I wish I could give you guys some GPS numbers but I had no GPS with me. I took the RXP out today after going from stock to:

XS Intercooler
    Greenwheel
    Green box
    Rear Air intake
    RE blockoffs
    Riva Adjustable nozzle
    15/20R solas
    Riva Grate
    SS wear ring
    Catch can
    Groco Strainer
    sure I am missing something...

Anyway, the ski pulled like a train and the speedo stopped at 70 realllll quick. It ran at 8000 top rpm so I have to put in a larger nozzle ring, but it still ran great. No leaks and no boost leaks. I pulled 9.4 lbs of boost with the greenwheel with 7900-8000 rpm's. Very satisfied.

Wanted to THANK everyone on this forum who helped me out and a big thanks to Greg (DV8RXP) for his big help with the ski.

BTW-water was FREEZING but I was so pumped I didn't feel a thing!!

+1
    Congrats! Hope to see you on the water this year!
    TCR

+1
    That's a big leap in performance from stock! How fun is that!! Congrats

OBj

Congrats, great feeling isn't it?

hahahahah

That's all I can say! I am so happy with the machine. I want to get 80, should be right there w/ Jim's turnkey plate I have sitting in the garage

I just can't explain (not that you guys need me to) the feeling of working on that thing all winter and having it run perfect!!!

Only problem is the VTS wasn't working so I checked the fuse...blown. Went today got some new ones...and everytime I stick in the key and try to move the VTS, it blows a new fuse before it even works. I have no idea what is going on!

+1
    Double check the VTS rod and how it is attached ... this faintly rings a bell with me and what I had found was I re-assembled too fast one night without good light ... and somehow attached the VTS rod the wrong way and it was not straight, was angled a little and would blow fuses every time. Either that or verify that the bucket is not locked/rusted/frozen or hitting something preventing movement. If all that checks out, you may need a new VTS motor, I eventually had to do that. I pulled the VTS and hit it with 12 volts and found out the motor itself had fried ... they occasionally can get water in them and burn up.

Vern

Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    Double check the VTS rod and how it is attached ... this faintly rings a bell with me and what I had found was I re-assembled too fast one night without good light ... and somehow attached the VTS rod the wrong way and it was not straight, was angled a little and would blow fuses every time. Either that or verify that the bucket is not locked/rusted/frozen or hitting something preventing movement. If all that checks out, you may need a new VTS motor, I eventually had to do that. I pulled the VTS and hit it with 12 volts and found out the motor itself had fried ... they occasionally can get water in them and burn up.
    I just went out and it looks like everything on the VTS is straight. I don't recall exactly how it was hooked up before, but it looks like it's supposed to be the way it is. Put in another fuse...blew it again. I am really not sure wtf is going on here. The motor worked fine all last summer and it was in my garage all winter w/ no water. The motor should be fine. Ski only has 38 hours on it to date!

Congrats On The New Found Power, Let Us Know Some Gps Speeds When You Get Them. (bet They Will Be Impressive)=d>

Quote Originally Posted by rxpwhistler1 View Post

XS Intercooler
    Greenwheel
    Green box
    Rear Air intake
    RE blockoffs
    Riva Adjustable nozzle
    15/20R solas
    Riva Grate
    SS wear ring
    Catch can
    Groco Strainer
    sure I am missing something...
    Your basically running the same setup as me. I'm still waiting on my green box. I Have SKEGS and I'm guessing your running 42 injectors or a regulator. I have a boost leak, only getting 7.9-8.1 psi at 8140 RPM but I ran 75.1 mph on monday. My rideplate is on its way to see Jim now.

What nozzle size did you run? I was running an 80mm.

YES, ME TOO! I just did a level 1++ on my 07 RXP. I hope to get some good results first time out (soon!). I have a 06 rxp also, and when I run them, my speedo read 69-70 just about every time. rpm's not sure about. So, I hope I can get 73-75 with the mods. Wish me luck!

SJK

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information